Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Project : Resurrecting The Display Humi

I finally started reworking my big old display humi.
I got this thing a few years ago from Quaker Steak and Lube in Cranberry, PA. That's a Pittsburgh suburb. I brought it home, added fans, four of those little oasis humidifiers, and tons of cold cathode light tubes. Everything was controlled by an awesome control center that looked like a stack of cigar boxes. Lift the lid and there were all the control switches for everything.
The cold cathodes sucked. They were flaky and didn't like to work, or half the tube lit, or they didn't work at all. The humidifiers needed filling constantly cause it leaked like a sieve.
So I picked up an Avallo Accumonitor system and a big bunch of t5 flourescents, a plug bar and tons of silicone. So far I just tore her apart and sealed her up. Today I'm going to stain the fan bar so it matches the humi and mount the plug bar and try to figure out where I'll hide the computer power supply that powers the fans.

Here's a pic of the old girl before the tear down...

and here's a pic as she sits now...

I'll post updates as she goes. If you guys want detailed pics on the fans and lights and stuff, I'll show you how I did that stuff, too.