Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
mrreindeer

Question what 2 do? Happy New Year! OR Happy New Year's Eve

Disclaimer: This post may be confusing; it may wander to & fro and eventually never get to its point; this post may be entertaining, it may not, it most certainly will not cook you dinner. This post may require batteries, oil, air, other miscellaneous ingredients and artificial flavors which you most certainly won't have in your cupboard and yeast (if you want this post to rise). One 6 ounce serving of this post will provide you with 2 grams of fiber, 1 gram of fat, 260 calories, 100% of your Daily Values of Vitamins A, B & F U; it also contains Red#5 yet Phenylketonurics! it does not contain Phenylalanine. This post is not to be taken too seriously and contains high amounts of exaggeration. Be warned.

As some of you have requested in the past, this post will have a 'Short Version' at the bottom for those of you who just want me to get to the damn point and not beat around the bush.

And please note, I’m mostly joking. Mostly.

I'm bored. I'm at work. A full day. Today & Friday. And I'm bored.

Here I am, in between wishing people, clients and friends well for the new year to come, wondering how folks can be so ignorant.

All around me, I'm hearing people wish others TODAY, 'Happy New Year'!

I just can't take it anymore so I'm lashing out. And like many Keyboard Warriors I attempt to emulate, I’m typing my frustrations here.

Here's my point. If I say to someone today, 'Happy New Year' and it's still 2008....what do I wish them again on Friday when I talk to the very same person? It's completely redundant and you must know that I hate to be redundant, to say again, on Friday, 'Happy New Year'.

So I've finally come to the realization (after 36 years of giving the wrong greeting including a couple years of gaga-goo-gooing the wrong greeting, even more embarrassing) that today, you should say, 'Happy New Year's Eve' and of course, you can, in anticipation of Thursday, wish someone a wonderful 2009 or year to come.

BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE, PLEASE DON'T WISH SOMEONE "HAPPY NEW YEAR" when we're still in the old year. Can’t you people wait a day or two for chrissakes???? Okay, I can’t blame you for wanting to be done with 2008, but all I ask is that you people be accurate.

Instructional video to follow.

Short version:

-Are we there yet? (2009)
-No
-Don’t say Happy New Year
-Say “Happy New Year’s Eve!”

Now go out, get offline, buy some cheap gas and have a freaking fantastic celebration to bid adieu to one helluva rotten, good for nuthin 2008. I love you guys & gals like rocks.

Happy New Year’s Eve!