Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
PindarsLight

Default Need More NICOEs

I spent 4 weeks at a place called the National Intrepid Center of Excellence, right across the street from the Walter Reed Naval Medical Center. Millions of dollars are poured into TBI studies and other invisible wounds. With all the amputees around one forgets the ones who suffer from MTBI or related mental health issues.

The medical care here at Riley is sub-par at best, When I went to NICOE they had both eastern and western medicine. I did about 7 hours worth of MRIs and PET scans, I learned about my anger I learned that I have 5 lesions on my left frontal lobe.

I learned I have severe underlying depression, I have an anxiety disorder and severe anger my knees lower back shoulder and neck are damaged. I have low cortisone and testosterone. I learned so much about myself an ways to motivate myself that I wish more people can go to this and learn that they are not alone that people do care and want to help.

We as Iraqi and Afghanistan war vets are very fortunate to have some this stuff, Our other national treasures WW1 WW2 Korean and Vietnam vets got screwed and I pray and hope that these men get what they deserved because without them I wouldnt be able to wear my uniform and serve

Here's to you I will never forget you and what you have done I respect and love you as brothers and as Heroes