Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Warning!!! If your planning a trip anywhere...

To all my fellow inmates here, STAY AWAY FROM HOTELS.COM. AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.

Me and 9 other high school buddies planned a trip up to blue mt as some of you may know. We booked our reservation through hotels.com and thank god for bad weather and my friend howdy calling to see if there was a late registration fee. When he called the resort said that they had no record of us making a reservation with them and they had been booked since early October. After 2hours on the phone with hotels.com, being hung up on 6 times and going off on them and letting them have it between 3 of us we finally were able to have them relocate us to a different hotel 3 miles away from the resort. They upgraded us to a 1300 sq foot condo that was literally twice the original price we were paying and they said they would cover the additional fee's.

After what we had been through we called the new hotel to make sure we had our reservation... only to find out they had taken those condo's out of their contract with hotels.com (owned by expedia.com) months ago. So this place is also booked and no open rooms, we call back and i let them have it... i won't say what i said over the phone on here to spare you all thinking im a complete mad man and a loose cannon when i get pissed but they ended up refunding us our money PLUS the additional prices THEY were going to pay. So we basically made 1600 out of the entire thing but we all would have sacrificed that to go on this trip.

In the end we ended up going to a local ski resort... but in michigan.

Never again will i even THINK about using hotels.com or anything owned by exepedia.com.. the customer service was TERRIBLE and they are NOT on top of anything they are doing or have any clue on what they are doing. They not only said they booked us for the correct hotel (when they really booked us for a day's inn in oklahoma city... couldn't even get the right COUNTRY) but they booked us for a room that wasn't even in their contract anymore.

i advise EVERYONE to either spend the extra cash to go directly through the hotel/resort themselves or find a more reliable source to book your reservations through.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote