Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
Hardcz

Default Re: Technical (internet) help PLEASE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrommark View Post
Not at this time, David. The problem looks to be very local. It is probably inside the co-lo facility where the server is housed.
Most Data centers will have two pipes or more, for redundancy, say if they're in Texas, having one go to Chicago and the other to LA or NY.... So as possible as it is, because a large amount of people still can get to it, I'd still think to look at the ISP end first. Users should contact their ISP only if having problems because if not, they'll show it as being fine. Now the admins should alert the web host as well to a problem, so they can investigate, but something like this unless you're on the inside isn't as easy to track down.

Basing this off the experience I have with working at an ISP previously and with out the networks my company and it's customers use, which are scattered across the US, and several other countries...having some locations store different servers for Apps and such.