Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our deck just showed up.

We've been doing a bunch of work on the house since Spring. I put in beds for bushes, stone around them, started building cabinets for all the walls in the garage (every square inch of walls), added a piece of concrete to widen our driveway, and we just finished a sidewalk that goes from front to back, and got our garden in.
The big project is our deck.
It's enormous. I have no idea what I was thinking. I do all this stuff myself, aside from hiring a buddy to help with the concrete, and it takes me forever. He helped pour the 21 concrete piers, they were 48" deep and we used 8" form tubes. We mixed all that by hand, it was a job.
So the deck is ready to go up, finally.
I designed it and drew the plans a few weeks ago, got all the permits from zoning, the building commission and the homeowner's association, and just bought all the screws and fasteners and stuff yesterday.
I ordered the lumber yesterday and it showed up just a little while ago. When it came off the truck and I got a good look at it, I just about puked. This thing is gonna be the end of me.
Fortunately my father-in-law is going to help, so we should have it done in about a week, weather permitting.
I figured I'd post up pics as it goes so I can see the start-to-finish.
Here she is in imagination stage...

That's our house, the pile, my sweet baby, and the boy.

This is just a shot from the other end of the pile.