Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's a reasonable amount of cigars to have on hand?

What do you think is a reasonable amount of cigars to keep on hand?
Not how many you personally have or how many you'd like to have. As a matter of fact, it might be better to take yourself out of the equation completely.
If you want, post your line of thinking, as well.
I don't want to hear what you may think is unreasonable, because it's common knowledge that you can never have too many and you can never have enough.

My thought is that 20-30 boxes, as well as a gob of singles is reasonable, so let's call that 1,000 cigars. That would allow a nice selection for a lot of different moods, lots of favorites, and some space for long storage.
Honestly, I don't think figuring long storage into the number is sensible because they're not in the rotation. I'm assuming that the long stored smokes are active, as in they're getting sampled at some sort of intervals. Boxes that are hidden from the wife in closets, garages, trunks, attics, etc. don't count unless they're being smoked from time to time.

So I'm going with 1,000.