Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

I hear you. I am grabbing one on my next order. He is growing again and the shinguards I bought him are a little small and its getting worse. When I order them it will go in the cart. He had a impact against a kid last summer that was violent. He poped back up, but it made a lot of people do the ohhhhhhhh. The other boy stayed down for a little, but I think both would have triggered it. Also he did an airborn horizontal 180 this season and was upset at the time crying for a minute or two. I think that was more from a shock perspective. He stayed down a good 15-20 seconds which is abnormal for him. It seemed longer for dad. I skated over and he got up. I didnt let him take another shift after, but he did appear to have a headache, but no other indicators. Hes the im fine kid. He will get hurt and pop back always saying "im fine" then seconds later he will admit hes hurt.

Anyone play with the Shockdoctor gravity 2 mouth guard? I have trained him to always wear one, but he hates not being able to talk as much and it affects breathing. Lower mouth guards in soorts where people wear cages are becoming more popular as there is no risk of tooth injury or concussion as long as you have a guard in either the bottom or top. May go to his dentist to get one made as I think they are covered or will run us like $20.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote