Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation
Default 5 Vegas Shorty (A pictoral review)

I have long been looking for an affordable, short smoke. I cannot devote 1 hour, or more, to a cigar break. I do often times have 30 minutes to enjoy a stogie, so the search began. The Shorty's can be purchased at CI for $49.99 for 40 cigars. The deals are better if you have the patience to play with the devil at CBID. On to the review.

The Shorty felt very small, and fairly light weight, before I lit it. I was concerned I was wasting my time. I used my Palio to cut the end, with no problems. It lit quickly, with my Ronson Jet Light, and the draw was perfect. The first couple puffs were impressive, a very tasty start. From about 5 minutes in, to the end, this little guy woke up. I just worked a 10 hr shift, and its 3 am when I lit her up, and I was wide awake. A lot of taste packed in there.

It burned very evenly, but the end where I cut, started to slightly split. It never split more than what the pic shows though. The Shorty stayed very consistent throughout, and continued to impress me. It stayed lit and there were no burn issues at all. The total time to smoke was right about 25 minutes.

While this is not what I consider a fantastic cigar, for the price and purpose, I really liked it. This will fit the bill quite well when time is of the essence. I just got these guys, and they sat in my Vinotemp for about 4 days. I think they might even get better with a little time, but thats just my humble opinion.

Enjoy the pictures. I had to post a second time to show the rest. Thanks for reading my review.