Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

No but he was skating about 4 times a week and has had them for approaching a year. I accidentally bought them a touch big. Not realizing how big the 370s run. He could probably move to a bigger skate, but He skated in them all summer league and this season he was often averaging four days a week and I was averaging once a week.

Someone commented that the kids steel is really soft. He just seems to trash them after 4-5 skates. Not to mention the ice was really bad at the pond place we were skating at sundays. I know a lot of parents were getting done a lot when we were skating at the pond. I dont know 4 skates a week many times on bad ice once a week for almost a year. Guess I will try to get him to go longer between sharpenings. This summer though he will be on the ice most weeks 4 -5 days a week.

He does think the new ccm u+ crazy lights are "the hotness " imagine they are lighter. The issue is he cant wear bauer or easton the boot cut is wrong. That leaves the Grafs whos fit he loves or the CCM which may or may not fit. The boots seem to vary some years. No body around here has a decent kids selection either. Everything is mail order. Maybe I will grab him the new U+ CL from total hockey and see how it goes.

His feet match his Skates Al. Little boat anchors. Would be neat to see if a lighter skate made him faster.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 04-22-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote