Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #22
Wanger

Default Re: Road to the Frozen Four

Sigh...

Having been an athlete at UND, that was a PAINFUL loss. I also know that I'm just wired that way, too. I know the hurt that they were feeling in that locker room last night, and no doubtedly are feeling today. This was THE year. They had a high scoring team with a great defense, led by a STRONG group of seniors. This one hurts...a lot.

Plain and simple, Hunwick won the game singlehandedly. Big save after big save after big save. To stop 40 shot from that pressure all game long, I tip my cap to him. Start to finish, the Sioux controlled most of the game, but a defenseman loses his guy for 3 seconds, and the game winner goes in. If it had gone the other way, I'd be able to say it was a great game sooner. Maybe in a year, I'll be able to talk about how good of a game it was, but d@mmit, it's painful right now.

Given how Hunwick played last night, if he plays like that tomorrow, Duluth has no shot. They stood up to the physical play of the Sioux (even though they seemed to come out on the short end of all those battles), and I don't see UMD being as physical.

Given how I feel right now...go nobody on Saturday.

Actually, even though I don't want to see banner #10 go up for Michigan, I'd rather have that than have to listen to the UMD fans around here chirping about title #1.