Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road
Default Adoptions

If anyone has some input as an adoptee, foster family, adoptive parent, person who was unable to care for your child and gave the child to a more capable family please comment.

Here is my story I'll try to keep it down to 1000 words...

Returned from 14 years over seas to find that my 70 y/o mother in law(Mom) was caring for my 1 y/o nepew since biomom was incapable due to addiction. We as a family that we could provide a stable home. My kids are all in college two live with me and the third is ccoming back after Grad in May. So aftere I retired from the A.F. My plans at 44 just changed for the next 20 years.

after months of dealing with Florida case workers and our states we finally went and brought him home. Right now we are not letting biomom any contact as per the recommendation from both states as se as been served a Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) wiich is curently in appeals but shee wont win.

Here are my big questions/concerns:

1. He was exposed to crack and alcohol in utero for the first 6 months of life in the toxic envi0rnment biomom calls a womb. she has been cleansupposedly for the last 1 1/2 but still is with the Bio dad (who BTW tried to dumpster im at 4 months old).

2. when If should I let contact start if she remains clean and leaves sperm donor?

I feel that is eenough to kick this off and hopefully this thread can provide some help too others grappling with similar situations from all aspects of this.

Thanks for listening.

Tony
Partagaspete is offline   Reply With Quote