Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
BamBam
Just Pipin'

Trading: (37)
Montecristo
BamBam will become famous soon enoughBamBam will become famous soon enough
Default Trying to get information on an OPUS X Coffin 2006 Collection

A dear old friend of mine from our local cigar club owns this unique piece. His Wife got it for him as a Christmas present, and it originally cost her $1500 when the cigars were with it (I know, Wife of the year to her ). I have seen them online for $900 with all the cigars.

What he has is simply the box, all the coffins, and all the original papers in the original box (basically everything but the cigars). He asked me to get some information on it as he was interested in selling it if it was worth anything.

Here's what I know about it:

It is a very nicely constructed, large wooden FFOX box which held 22 upper end Fuente cigars, each in individual wooden coffins. Each coffin had gold lettering telling of the enclosed cigar. It was a limited edition from 2006 and numbered 470/500. It still has the DVD and original paper work including certificate of authenticity. It apparently was sold to benefit the "Cigar Family Charitable Foundation". It has been displayed in our local tobacconist's shop for a while, and has the original box.

The cigars are all gone, so this is just essentially the packaging.

My friend expressed interest in selling it if the price was right, but none of us present at the cigar shop knew much about it, and if the box had any real value. Our cigar shop owner thought it may be worth around $200, but I have absolutely no idea, and have been unable to find anything comparable to reference it to.

I told him I had just the place, here, whose members were among the most knowledgeable people around for cigars and tobacciana. So, here we are.

Our questions are:
What can you tell us about this collection?
Also, does the packaging hold any value if he was to sell it?

Thanks Guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050025.JPG (21.1 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg P1050026.JPG (28.6 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg P1050027.JPG (30.9 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg P1050028.JPG (31.4 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg P1050029.JPG (27.9 KB, 269 views)
BamBam is offline   Reply With Quote