Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Today I called the cops...

On the cops... just because I could.
Unmarked car out on the street in 3 or 4 different parking spots, no paint or decals on it anywhere, dark blue crown vic. Guy in a Gophers sweatshirt in the drivers seat tapping into a puter and on his phone, cam on the dash...(looked like a standard unmarked, I guess)

I wandered over to say "Hi" because he was directly in front of my house.
"What are you doing, checking speeds?" (there is a pretty high percentage of speeding on my street, I thought they might be studying it)
"Nope, something else."
And that is all he said. Which annoyed me. I am not usually a twitchy Gladys Kravitz, but...
So I called the non-emergency number, just to see if I asked what the hell he was doing (with the plate #) if they would tell me. She gave me to a dispatcher, I described an unmarked dark blue, no paint, no decals, no unit number, no gov plates car parked with a guy tapping into a computer for hours on my street and he just said "okay, we'll check it out." Of course I didn't mention the antenna pucks or anything.
Truly, curiosity killed the cat, and I thought it quite odd. The wife got an "administrative traffic citation" (read "revenue generation") the other day, and first thought is that he was doing this... He wasn't, and didn't stop any cars. Not that a dude driving a police car wearing a sports themed sweatshirt would.
Just odd.