Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
ahc4353

Default Time Flies

Got to thinking how long I have been a member of this great community. Checked my sign up date on CS and today marks one year since that fateful day that I found you folks.

To use an old saying, time sure does fly when your having fun. The past year has been one hell of a ride. I came here looking to buy a few "quality" cigars and what I have gained is so much more. Yes, I have learned more about cigars in the past year than I had in the previous fifteen. I have also been thrown head first down a side of the slope that I knew nothing of and have no desire to look back.

I have gotten involved with troop support and the great guys that make that incredible program work. Something I'm sure that would not have been done had I not found CA.

However, the true benefit of what I have gained by being here lies with the people I have met and the friendships that have been forged. Close friendships have been developed with people I have yet to even see in person. I find that amazing and very difficult to explain to anyone outside of our group. Outsiders just don't get it.

I also have been fortunate to experience first hand the unrelenting generosity and support that graces this board by it's founders and members. You are a very special group of people that have forever changed my life and the lives of my family.

Thank you for the past year and I am looking forward to many more.

(Two serious posts in the same day. Thank God Monday is only a day away! )

As always, wishing each of you the best life has to offer.