Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road
Default Tennessee Titans and Fisher Divorce

Okay, gotta say I didn't see this one coming, after they agreed to play out the last season of his contract, AND Bud agreeing to pull the plug on VY. Interesting though, with 2 coaches leaving for other jobs, and then Fish firing his buddy, after getting him a contract near the end of the season. Didn't really care for Cecil.

But...I had hoped that Bud and Fish would call it quits back in December. I appreciate the 17 years of tenure, and the stability, as well as the good years for the Titans. But the last 5 or 6 seasons...mehhh. 13-3 season gets us a playoff loss. I'd forgotten how long it HAS been since the Titans had a playoff win. The lion's share of playoff wins came in the Superbowl season of '99, saved by the Music City Miracle.

I was getting tired of "dink'n'dunk" offense, relying on a passing offense that centered on tight ends (most of which, since Wychek, had poor hands), and playing a style of ball that was okay with just getting field goals most of the time, and then hanging on for the win in the 2nd half.

It's been time for a change for a while. I wish Fish all the best. I'm just ready for new leadership (including Bud retiring, if we're lucky).

But, why now!!!!!!! Lot's of names that were available a month ago are not around now. I'm not sure who I'd like to see in here. Not Mangini. Not really Cowher or Billick either. Maybe Gruden. I beg him not to call Kiffin!!!!!!!
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote