Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Throb
Out of the Ocean!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
HUpmann
Throb is on a distinguished road
Default The cigar that bought me back here---7-20-4

Hello all. I've been away for a while. Not really smoking a lot of cigars. Big life changes for me. Shift in job duties, The big D, and personal reflection have kept me away from this place where i came to read every day.

Well that's going to change...

A friend took the plunge and opened a cigar shop in Clearwater Florida. I'm not pushing it here until I ask him if its OK. He gives me great deals on cigars and wants my input on a lot of stuff. HE is really a newbie in terms of cigars but has quickly surpassed me in experience as he is getting to try about 5 new cigars a day. I imparted all of my cigar knowledge to him, 99% of which I acquired here from the TOE and many other members.

He gave me a 7-20-4 to try and told me the history behind it. I thought it sounded a bit gimmicky but it was a freebie. Turned out to be a great cigar. Nubbed it! I got a handful more just to make sure they are the real deal and not just a "damn I haven't had a cigar in a while so this tastes good" kind of cigar. Torched another and really enjoyed it too.

Can't find anything here on the cigar. Done a few searches on 7-20-4 but nothing comes up. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I'd like to hear others reviews.

In closing, I'll be coming back to the Asylum a lot more often. I used to read tons of posts and soak in the knowledge. It was amazing to hear my buddy introduce me to other patrons today at his official grand opening as "This guy knows about cigars". I owe it all to you guys, so thank you, and I hope to interact a lot more in the future.
Throb is offline   Reply With Quote