Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
sboyajian

Default New Site from the makers of CigarFriendly.us

(Disclaimer: This post has been approved by The ToE.. Thanks for your support guys!)

Hey everyone, first I want to apologize for not being around much (read, at all). I started a new job back in June, was spending a lot of my spare time with my family.. Was still on twitter, but kind of detoxed from all of the forums for a bit.

I know a lot of you guys use CigarFriendly.us (I see the links from Google Analytics) and have made it a great success, so I wanted to share with you my newest project: YourCigarRatings.com.

Last year after Cigar Aficionado released their top 25, there was a lot of disappointment going around on the boards and on twitter. itsme_timd approached me about putting together a new site for consumer based ratings. We got the domain and did some brain storming, and the new site was born.

I'm sure many of you remember the old site that Caputo destroyed when he took over half the cigar websites, Top 25 Cigar. This is a newer, easier to use version with a better rating system and a lot more features that are coming soon (including a personal cigar journal, tying brands back into CigarFriendly.us to find retailers who carry them, and a lot more).

On a side note, I know many of you are like me and are fairly disappointed in the quality of cigar magazines out there. We are launching a new magazine in January, the first edition will actually be a free online version (thecigarnetwork.com). We are still looking for people who want to write articles or even do artwork for it, so if you are interested, please let me know either here or through email (stephen@cigarfriendly.us).

As always, happy smoking, and I promise, for the next week or two I may be spotty in coming back as I'm making the final push to get the mag finished, however I promise as stuff calms down, I will be back on a more permanent basis.