Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default CAO Extreme

This cigar was gifted to me almost a year ago by Steve (Ratters)!!! I have to say this man knows his cigars and gives away some of the best I have ever smoked!!!

Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Type: Ecuador Sumatran
Wrapper Color: Colorado
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler Nicaragua
Strength: Medium - Full
Length/Ring: 6.88X48

The construction on this cigar reminds me of a Padron cigar, especially the Anniversary. These could easily be a poor man's PAN.

I don't know why I waited so long to smoke this beauty?

This was a wonderful autumn afternoon and I couldn't help but pair this cigar with a Pyramid Apricot Ale!

The first few puffs of this cigar really reminded me of a Padron or a Camacho Negro! Very smooth and rich. This could have easily been paired with coffee as well because of the roasted coffee notes!

The draw was perfect and the cigar almost smoked itself! The white smoke billowed out of the top of the cigar! This cigar was so creamy with wonderful coffee and natural sweetness!

The natural wrapper may have fooled me into thinking this would not be very flavorful, but I was wrong! This is a very complex and delicious cigar!

I really wanted to take my time with this churchill but because the draw was so perfect I found myself smoking it faster than I wished! The aroma from this cigar was fantastic! This was one of the most enjoyable smokes I have ever had!

The last part offered more spice with a hint of black pepper on the tip of my tongue! The coffee and roasted goodness was still there but with more spice in the background! Delicious!

Total smoke time took one hour and 15 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 9.5 out of 10 - Box Pressed
Flavor Balance: 10 out of 10 - I love coffee, toast and spice!!!
Strength: Medium/Full - Very flavorful without a nicotine buzz
Over all experience: 9.5 out of 10
Value: This was gifted but I think these are a great value

As I stated before, these could be a poor man's Padron Anniversary!

Thank you Steve!!! This smoke was top notch!!!

Smoke what you like!!!

Last edited by Skywalker; 12-07-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote