Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread '10-'11

I've already indicated that it's pretty slim pickin's this weekend, but I found a handful or three which, for one or another reason, struck my jaundiced eye. Today:

# 5 Pittsburgh vs. North Florida = If this isn't over by the half, the Panthers are not for real. This will be Pitt's 3rd game, so that "it's early" excuse is wearing thin.

# 13 Illinois vs. Southern Illinois = Not exactly the same as above, but, yeah, pretty much so too.

# 17 Butler vs. Marian = And though Butler has an excuse, as it may take them a month to stop looking around for Gordon Hayward, nota bene . . . it's a Div. II opponent. And, at the moment, Butler's only up 6, nearing the break.

# 18 Washington vs. McNeese State = Last year the Pac-10 gave some evidence in the Tournament that they were not nearly as bad as the experts said. This game won't give any evidence to support that, as even a 50-point win proves jack.

# 25 San Diego State vs. Long Beach State = I don't expect the Aztecs to stay in the Top 25 very long. However, I don't expect them to drop out with a loss here.

Dayton vs. Mount St. Mary's = Dayton is the defending NIT champ, and Mount St. Mary's has a good history . . . though not recently. I picked this game before it tipped, and so far it's pretty close. I expect the Flyers to open it up, however.

George Mason vs. Harvard = GM was the darling of the NCAAs a few years back, and the Crimson made a jump from pretenders to contenders in the Ivy last season. Could be a pretty decent contest.

Iona vs. Cleveland State = Except for the particulars, same here. Decent programs, so a decent shot at a game.

Penn vs. Davidson = Here again . . . though I must admit that much of my fascination with this match-up is seeing the wealthy and priviledged banging heads and sweating bullets.

Weber St. vs. Utah St. = Unless my memory fails me, these two schools match up fairly well. Could be fun.

I'm gonna take my luch now, and will be back with early finals, and Sunday games. Until then . . . enjoy.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote