Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #27
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just stumbled upon Five Guys

Listen, if you guys want to compare burgers... it's OBVIOUS... that the best burgers come from my own grill and from my own kitchen... HOWEVER... for $6.49+tax (The price for a 5G Bacon CB at my nearest location) I feel like it is a darn good deal for what it is. And it's not JUST the burger that you get. Most people just stop by long enough to place an order, pay, pick up and take out... but if you ever get the chance to stop in and watch the process that they use to create burgers at such a rapid pace (Same with In-and-Out)... and to see your fries being made right in front of you... I mean literally... it was a whole potato less than 30 seconds before it was french fries... It's the EXPERIENCE that I enjoy...

Ok so it's clear that I love a good burger joint... and trust me, I'm a self-proclaimed aficionado... But there is something about both Five Guys and In-and-Out (Especially in-and-out) that reminds me of how it must have been in the olden days. Like... I could almost close my eyes and imagine a jukebox playing Chuck Berry music with a parking lot full of 1950's Chevy Bel-Air's.

These two places are the essence of the burger joint... and I say screw Ruby Tuesday's and Chili's and those wannabe "Something for everyone" type restaurants... I like a place that does one thing... and does it well... and has no problem about saying it...

Just look at the menu... You can get a burger... or a cheeseburger... or a bacon cheeseburger... and just for good measure 5 guys throw in a decent hot dog... which I'm sure not many here will refute the goodness that can be found betwixt those buns (Yeah, I said it... what?).
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote