Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default It pays to have a big mouth

My wife and I ordered baby furniture 2 months ago and when we ordered it they informed us that it was a very popular set and we wouldn't be able to take delivery until late Oct early November. We really liked the set plus I liked the fact that it was super solid so we figured no big deal since the baby wouldn't be here until the end of November. So fast forward to last Thursday. I get a phone call from BuyBuy Baby so they can tell me that the furniture company is behind schedule due to the popularity of the set and it won't be available until early January. WTF?(In my head) So I politely said "So, since we ordered the furniture two months ago and you can't stick to your obligation I guess our baby won't mind sleeping on the floor." They offered to give us a temporary fix for the crib but I told the woman although I appreciate the gesture I am still not happy with their handling of the transaction and I am sure another company would be more than happy to take the 5 grand we dropped on furniture in one night with them and find us something we will like instead. I didn't order a set to have a temporary set to be here when the baby comes home and than have to disrupt her room a couple months later to change everything out. So she said she would see what she could do and call me back. No problem. She called me the next morning informing me she found the whole set in a store in SC and hour away and she would have a truck go pick it up asap. So tomorrow everything is supposed to be delivered. Can't beat the price of $100 for them to deliver and put everything together. Still amazes me that because I wouldn't budge they managed to find what we needed in less than a day about an hour away. I suppose most people would be fine with the delay and move on but in this case I guess it payed to be a stubborn SOB. Now lets hope that the furniture is the right set and color tomorrow when they show up. Especially since the glider was a custom color order. I also think it's no coincidence that my wife said she would stay home and wait for the furniture rather than have me do it. Probably too scared I will find something wrong with it and send it back. I am still shocked that the probability is that most people would have received the phone call informing them of the two month delay and not give them a load of crap for it.