I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Re: NFL's new safety policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
damn and here I thought we were friends
What's funny, is I'm originally from LA. I was a Saints fan back in the days they wore bags on their heads to the stadium. Archie never had a team to play with. Started following the Steelers when Terry Bradshaw got picked up by them. It's a club with "usually" little to no drama, no prima donnas, and a real good basic football program. Of course our "alleged" molester has changed it a bit. I'd as soon see him get canned and have Batch take over.

I think there are going to be many opinions on what is excessive and what constitutes a good hit. Mostly in part I just see the NFL going the way of most things that get over regulated - dull and uninteresting. Take NASCAR as a recent example. France and crew took the race out of racing and now they are scrambling to recover a lot of what they lost. Rubbing and tempers are a part of it, other wise go race Indy/CART and keep your courtesy 2" (sorta like dancing with your mom), not much fun.

Deliberately wreck a person - take a 1 lap black flag like you used to, but "racing" for a clean, image correct corporate world is boring. I haven't watched a whole race much less a part of one in 5 - 7 years.