Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Very sad day

An old highschool friend posted on Facebook today that one of our classmates passed away last Tuesday. I haven't seen Brenda since our 5-year reunion which was 23 years ago. In our small school, Brenda was in the ultra-popular group since junior high. I was awkward at best. Brenda befriended me early on and was one of those people you could always count on. I never undertstood why she treated me so well but she did and never hid it at all around anybody. She helped boost my popularity to the point that I was elected Student Council President my senior year over 2 people who were more qualified. We talked and talked all during highschool. She dated my neighbor through senior year and I dated not so much. We constantly passed notes during class and she told me at the reunion that she saved the notes and read them from time to time. I can't believe that we didn't stay in touch. Her obituary stated that she had a "hard life". I don't know if that meant health issues or something else. It saddens me terribly that I don't know. Brenda made the hardest years of my life better and I'm heartbroken that I couldn't be there for her. This may make no sense at all as I'm typing through my tears. 46 is way too young.

MCS