Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Oliva Nub Cains

Whassupwidat?

Yeah, just read about it. Seems with the popularity of both the Nub and the Cain lines, they now have a Nub Cain. It isn't April 1, so this is no April Fool's joke. Here's the link to where I found out at Tex Cigars.

http://www.texcigars.com/

Personally, I didn't know that the Nub line took off so greatly. And while I have seen many who like the Cain, I didn't see this one coming.

Is it just me, or do certain companies market new cigars just so that they can ride the crest of the wave? What I mean is this. When they come out with a new line, that line sells like gang-busters for a while... as the sales fade, they bring out a new line which repeats that process... And, while the new line sells, there are also some mini-ripples of sales in their other brands/lines.

Here's the write-up over at Cigar.com.

Combining two of Sam Leccia's best blending concepts, Cain Nub features the exciting, full-bodied Cain blend in a special line of Nub sizes, creating one of the richest, full-bodied and well-balanced cigars on the market.

The Oliva family, in conjunction with Sam Leccia, developed the ever-popular Nub brand based on sizes created to capture what they call the "essence" of the blend. After months of blending, they realized each cigar offers a "sweet spot" where the cigar's flavor and body come together in perfect balance, and they were able to create the Nub brand, which incorporates this "sweet spot" throughout the entire course of the smoke. Sam Leccia went on to develop Cain, using a special blend of "straight-ligero" tobaccos to create a well-balanced yet completely spicy, full-bodied and full-tilt cigar. Sam and the Oliva family have now combined these two winning concepts together, creating the ultimate cigar experience.

Cain Nub comes wrapped in your choice of Habano or maduro leaves and each feature 100% Nicaraguan straight-ligero long leaves as filler. A zesty Nicaraguan binder completes the blend as it comes produced in Nub's most popular and requested sizes. The result is a full-bodied, complex cigar that maintains a smooth character from the start. The blend builds in strength from head to foot without ever become overwhelming. Like Nub, Cain Nub sizes although short, will burn for at least an hour or more so enjoy these beauties slowly; take your time with them and allow the tobaccos to combust together for an excellent, full-flavored experience.

Oy vey!

Peace of the Lord be with you.