Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Disaster.

I was out in the kitchen banging out the cookies I threatened Perry (Big Vito) with and suffered a massive disaster.
We had a counter-top with shelves beneath it that was a prep area.
Key word here is "had".
I had six bowls, the mixer, all the stuff measured out and ready to mix when the whole world collapsed.
It kind of came down in slow motion and when it hit the floor everything kinda jumped up in the air and flipped over and smashed.

There were two fishbowls on the countertop. One with a Betta and one with 3 Goldfish from the fair. I immediately managed to rescue all but one goldfish. I couldn't find him.
About a half hour later, after cleaning most of the mess and dragging the broken parts outside, I pulled out the microwave stand (that had been buried in the devastation) and there was the goldfish all covered in flour.
I gave him a poke and he flopped. I couldn't believe it.
I gathered him up, threw him in the glass where the other goldfish were, and scrubbed the flour off of his eyeballs.
Right now he's swimming around like nothing ever happened.
I'm gonna name him Lucky.

So now, instead of making cookies, I'm going to be heading to Lowe's.
I have to get two pieces of countertop, stiles, pine for shelving, and a new little dewalt shopvac because mine is all but dead (it picked a hell of a time to die).
We've been wanting to replace the sink countertop so I'm gonna do that while I undo the devastation. I might even put a dishwasher in. Haven't decided yet.

I'm going to do all this right after I suck the 1/2 dozen eggs and two gallons of fish-water soaked flour out of the kitchen carpet with my mostly dead shop vac.
I may just have to go get the big shop vac out of the shop to move this project along.

Tell me this...
Is it still Monday??? Did I not get the memo???
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote