Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default Cu-Avana Intenso Torpedo

I paired this smoke with a glass of Crown Royal. I set the Squeezebox to the 80's channel. They were playing some old school BonJovi and Sammy Hagar, so the mood was definitely right !

This cigar had a flawless wrapper. It was nice and firm, with a somewhat tight draw. That could be because I clipped it very high since I seem to have issues with torpedos unraveling on me.

I got a very nice earthy note right off the bat. This seemed to mellow a bit, then a whole slew of flavors came through. I tasted a bit of toffee, and also some nice chocolate flavors. These remained for the duration and were quite nice.

The ash on this thing was very white, and I didn't think it would ever fall off. The burn was very even and didn't falter at all. About half way through I needed to refill my glass of Crown.

The oils on the wrapper could be seen, even though there was no sunlight. I was really enjoying the flavors coming from this cigar. I did not have any issues with the cap coming undone either. I have a few more of these, and I will let them rest for a bit, then enjoy them once again.