Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road
Default Fun times on Sunday

Was coming home from shopping the other nite and heard a clunk sound under the car.. typical sound if you hit a rock and threw it up under the car.. just bouncing through the wheel wells. about a mile later, i heard it again and decided that it wasn't a coincidence.

I hit the brakes to pull off on the shoulder and heard an awful... bam! from the front right side. I hit the brakes and they were very spongy. I hit them again, and they were solid and slowly went down, hit them again same thing, finally got off the side of the road and heard another loud bam!

i got out and went around to the front passenger side where the air was leaking out of my tire, and i noticed a funny thing. The caliper was in FRONT of the rotor, leaking brake fluid of course.

I had to get it towed and dropped it off at one of the tire and brake shops I use.

Got a call from them yesterday and i've gotta get the backing plate and caliper replaced... as well as the rim, where the caliper cracked the inner wall (pic below) and since the tire was flat and pretty well locked up, gotta replace the tire as well, where it was drug accross the ground and up onto the flatbed =( So i'm probally looking at close to a grand in repairs... so much for new cigars in the next few months /sigh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel.jpg (108.3 KB, 286 views)