Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
Junior

Default Asylum meet Abigail our 4 legged new family member

We are a very lucky family. I was out inspecting houses on Monday when I found out that the people ran a rescue/shelter dog program. I walked in, and there was Abigail a Golden Retrever.

She has had a tough 8 years so far being chained outside for most of it with a house to small for her to get in. We had been considering a dog for a long time, because out German Sheppard died of liver cancer 6 years ago. I knew instantly that she was the one. I went home picked up the family to all go out to meet her. Within minutes the deal was sealed. My boys fell in love with her, and she had taken to them. Now she will get the love and attention that she has missed, and deserves. We still have a few issues to work out. With her being chained for so long she will take off if off of the leash, and she is still not eating much. We are putting in a underground fence for the roaming, and hopefully it is a trust thing on the eating issue.