Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
bazookajoe

First Name: david
Trading: (72)
bazookajoe has disabled reputation
Default It's been a privilege.

Even though I'm not directly involved in the troop support efforts here anymore and have been covering at the other forum, there are many here that have contributed through me who don't frequent that forum and I wanted the chance to thank you.

I packed up two final boxes of cigars for the troops today which depleted my inventory, leaving me with several empty coolers and a feeling of gratitude... and a little sadness. It's been an honor being able to forward your generous donations along to our troops in harm's way, and I sincerely thank each of you who contributed to this worthy cause.

The economy is taking a toll and donations have been dwindling, plus familiar soldiers have been coming home and changes have occurred at the various forums. My wife found out she'll be losing her job soon and I've been debating whether to just hang on and stay involved in a limited way, which seems all that is needed now anyway, or hang it up. Having a little inventory kept me thinking that I could just postpone the decision and wait and see what happens, and even while I packed up today's shipments I couldn't picture not doing this anymore.

The decision was kind of made for me this afternoon when I found out I was being laid off. There's just no way I can afford to continue and it's clearly time. It's been one of the most satisfying things I've done, so once again thanks to all of you gave. I hope those who can still afford to give will continue while there are soldiers in harm's way.

gratefully,
david
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote