Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Illusione Epernay Petite

This cigar feels very firm and a good weight for about its size. I'm pairing it with yet another glass of Knob Creek on the rocks. Prelight i got hints of cream and a small bit of woody flavors.
[IMG][/IMG]

First few puffs: I'm getting quite a bit of cream with slight undertones of leather and very subtle hints of spices. It leaves a lingering tingle on my tongue and the smoke is fairly thick; burn is flawless from the get-go.

1/3 mark: By now the cream has toned down a bit to make way for the leather tones to shine a bit. On a side note, it just ashed itself and luckily literally 30 seconds before that i had just moved the ash tray into my lap, winning! The balance between the cream leather and spice is very nice, not exactly my personal cup of tea but the flavors do nothing but compliment each other in harmony instead of fighting for the top spot.

-Side note: The knob creek is a great pairing with this. I've let the ice melt a little bit, at first the knob creek over powered this cigar but with added water from the melted ice, its mellowed the knob creek out a bit and on my pallet it pulls a little more creamyness from the cigar. Perfect!
[IMG][/IMG]

half way mark: still tones of cream and leather. The spices have dropped back a bit in flavor and are more undertones at this point. The knob creek is still treating me and the cigar well and vise versa.
[IMG][/IMG]

final 1/3: By now the cigar is starting to get bitter with cream and undertones of leather. a quick purge and sip of my friend mr. knob fixes that though and now its leather with hints of vanilla and spices. This combo is a killer and i am trying to savor this as much as i can.
[IMG][/IMG]

Nub: The cigar is definitely starting to mellow out very quickly and even with the watered down knob creek, and i must quote the late kernal sanders "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken". The initial taste is there but very quickly fades from my pallet. I tip my hat to you Illusione for providing me with yet another great cigar, and a reminder as to why my vinotemp must have at least a couple in it at all times!
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote