Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread 2011-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Duke/Carolina!!...what a game...woke my wife up, 2 floors up, when Rivers hit that trey!!
I woke her up long before that, and jumped out the window when you whooped. (That's for bustin' my stones, Keith! )

Though I don't feel all that talkative today, lemme do this, starting with:

Duke 85 - North Carolina 84 = The Heels had this one in their pocket, and Dook took it away from them. Hey, it's happened before, both ways. A great win for the Blue Devils to steal, and they needed it after that Miami fiasco. As for Carolina, the only thing that even partly saved the night was . . .

Boston College 64 - Florida State 60 = That result above should not have shocked anybody who knows jack about college hoops, but this is a stunner. The Seminoles could have grabbed the ACC lead for themselves, but due to this huge upset there is again a 3-way tie atop the league between the Big Dawgs, with NCSU and UVA both just a game behind. Fun fun fun! As for BC, well I guess they deserve a little fun this year too.

Syracuse 64 - Georgetown 61 (OT) = I can see why Hoya fans would be disturbed by this, but take solace in the fact that this young team has played well above expectations and acquitted themselves admirably against the Orange on their court. It only bodes well for their future. Good win for 'Cuse however.

Kansas 68 - Baylor 54 = And a good win for the Jayhawks in Waco too.

South Florida 63 - Pittsburgh 51 = Either the Panthers took a step backwards, or the Bulls got themselves another nice victory. They do that, several times each year.

Notre Dame 55 - West Virginia 51 = As do the Irish, and this one on the road counts as another.

Tonight:

Mississippi vs. Mississippi State = Could be a pretty decent in-state rivalry game in Starkville, though without the import of the one in Chapel Hill last night.

N. C. State vs. Georgia Tech = Jerry 'Pack has 17 wins so far, and at 6-3 are still in the ACC race. They may have already earned an at-large, though a few more wins would ice it. Here's a great shot at one in Atlanta tonight.

Wisconsin vs. Minnesota = And this Big Ten+ battle should be a close battle, with post-season import for both teams.

Tennessee State vs. Murray State = Joe's Racers may get a bit of a game at home tonight, but if they can regain some of the focus they've let slip lately they ought to prevail by 3 or 4 possessions.

Illinois vs. Indiana = It's hard to tell whose going to show up on any given night with either of these two. In Bloomington I'd give the Hoosiers an edge, but the Illini are capable of making it one hell of a game.

Colorado vs. Arizona = And this should be one hell of a fight in the desert for two of the better Pac-12 teams. Even in Tucson, the Buffs have a good chance of skinning the 'Cats. I'd flip a coin on this one.

Virginia Tech vs. Miami = The 'Canes got their signature win Sunday, and at 14-7 and 5-3 they even have a shot for at-large consideration. But they need to build on that upset of Dook, and cannot stumble against the Hokies here. This could get interesting.

St. Mary's vs. Gonzaga = And this will almost certainly be interesting in Spokane late tonight. The Big Boys on the Left Coast may be "meh" squads, but there are several mid-majors who can hoop with the best. Here's two of them. I'm not sure my head can follow my heart, which picks the Gaels over the Zags, so bet this one at your own peril.

That's about all I can stands for one night, and likely you feel the same. Enjoy.