Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sam Leccia Cigar Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I'm curious to see what Sam came up with given the freedom to make all the decisions and not have to answer to Oliva.
This is an ironic statement to me, and I know where it comes from, but I laughed when I read
it. If you had to list the most widely-acclaimed tobacco men in the world, ones who have seen
and done everything at least twice, the Oliva family is in the top three. I read Sam's online "resume'",
and he has not even been in tobacco for more than a hiccup of time. Read the part below the Nub
time in his life, pre-2005. (it's all fairly interesting, really)

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sam-leccia/27/7a7/33a

There is something to be said for a lifetime tobacco family going back 3-4 generations not being able
to see the nub forest for the trees and missing out on something a liquor distributor keys in on by some
kind of doofus accident "Why don't we make the whole cigar be the "good" part", lol, but I thought Adam's
statement was funny after I read his online bio. If you want to get an indication of the Oliva legacy,
read the story of the early US life of Orlando Padron. It's very illuminating.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote