Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Trading: (4)
Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough
Default Cain F Lancero....aka the "Showstopper"

I had the pleasure of smoking this cigar with Studio Tobac's Ambassador Bryan "The Show" Scholle.

I joked around with the name Showstopper for the single reason that this cigar pretty much ceases your desire for any cigar in the same sitting. Don't get me wrong. You will still want to smoke another one but it's a hard one to follow up.

The smell and cold draw from this cigar is unique. It is a bit hard to describe other than not a typical Cain or Cain F. The draw was firm but not tight.

Initial light-spicy and potent. An intitial complexity that I could not quite pinpoint, however, spicy was the major role anyhow. Spicy on the palate and on the lips. I LOVE spice in a cigar!

As it was smoked down the flavors of a deep black espresso came to light with the spice maintaining a role in flavors. Some toasted nuts were in the background.

Towards the latter half the espresso was maintaining and the spice was still there but in a subdued fashion. You could still tell it was a major player but not overpowering the cigar. The generally ligero sweetness appears in a supporting roll in the cigar and not really noted until the second half.

I will say this. The cigar is one of the strongest I have had in a while. I got a bit of a cigar buzz from this animal. A nice lingering finish of a twangy goodness. As much as I love a few cigars in a sitting this one made me only want one. I will post some pictures asap.

In short-enjoy it, smoke it slow and soak up the goodness it has to offer.