scoot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Pat
Trading: (0)
scoot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
We scored 7 mins into our first game of the series against HOU.
The Giants have been looking pretty good as of the past few games. They certainly didn't make the Phillies look too good, well aside from the game that Lee pitched. It will be interesting to see what happens if we meet you guys in a playoff series.
scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #582
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot View Post
The Giants have been looking pretty good as of the past few games. They certainly didn't make the Phillies look too good, well aside from the game that Lee pitched. It will be interesting to see what happens if we meet you guys in a playoff series.
Yeah, we managed to lose last night 4-3. I don't know what went wrong.

Anyway, game 2 of the series tonight.

You guys have CO starting tonight, they are on fire with a 4 game winning streak.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #583
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe my Mets are done this year...10 games back and not putting anything together.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #584
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I believe my Mets are done this year...10 games back and not putting anything together.
Damn 10 games back, that hurts.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #585
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

The 10 games back would not bother me as much as the fact that there are 3 teams ahead of them in the NL East, and 6 in the wild card. Now, that hurts.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #586
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
The 10 games back would not bother me as much as the fact that there are 3 teams ahead of them in the NL East, and 6 in the wild card. Now, that hurts.
Thanks Thomas...you always know how to shed a glimmer of hope on things. LOL!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #587
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Damon just hit a HR off of Doc!!

3-1 lead for the Yankees!!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #588
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Teixeira just went back to back with Damon off of Doc!!

4-1 Yankees!!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #589
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees win 5-3 against the Blue Jays.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #590
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Yankees win 5-3 against the Blue Jays.
And the Sox lose in extra innings
Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #591
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
And the Sox lose in extra innings
1.5 game lead now.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #592
Darrell

We took Houston 8-1 tonight.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #593
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

I'd be pretty scared if this big guy came after me
Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #594
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
I'd be pretty scared if this big guy came after me
Yikes!

That could have turned ugly FAST!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #595
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

That was a perfect hit batter for Mota. Fastball below the waist. He did not go up and in around the head. He earned respect from his teammates after they got hit twice the inning before. It is all part of the game.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #596
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
That was a perfect hit batter for Mota. Fastball below the waist. He did not go up and in around the head. He earned respect from his teammates after they got hit twice the inning before. It is all part of the game.
I agree and Prince should know this!!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #597
Darrell

Eli Whiteside never hit a MLB home run.

Today the bases were loaded and his first MLB HR, just happens to be a GRAND SLAM!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #598
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thanks Thomas...you always know how to shed a glimmer of hope on things. LOL!!!
Just sayin'. With 70+ games left, one can make up 10 games (well, 9.5 for the moment). You can ask the '51 Giants if you don't believe me. But passing all those teams means they all have to slide, or your Mets need get solar hot.

BTW, how the hell do you manage to get on the DL by entering the dugout?
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #599
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Just sayin'. With 70+ games left, one can make up 10 games (well, 9.5 for the moment). You can ask the '51 Giants if you don't believe me. But passing all those teams means they all have to slide, or your Mets need get solar hot.

BTW, how the hell do you manage to get on the DL by entering the dugout?
Tell me about it...paid millions of dollars, but can't walk into the damn dugout. Maybe he misses the other half of the team and wanted to join them on the DL. As for making some ground up? I don't see it happening...we can't seem to piece a series together to save our a$$es. David Wright and Johan Santana can't do it all by themselves. Besides those two and Angel Pagan, the rest of the team is asleep.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #600
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Real nice win for the Yankees last night, despite the bad pitching from Mitre. If they keep playing the way they are now and manage to win a few games against Boston there gonna start running away with the division.