Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
Norcal_aaron
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (18)
Bolivar
Norcal_aaron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ever had a cigar to find out you cant get em?

Yes, this past Sunday I smoked my first Tat black label and fell in love, now I can not find any of the orig. release which came in the jars. Guess I will have to wait for the new Trops. to come out. I feel your pain brother!
Norcal_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #22
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough

Aimless wandering......Pointless perusal......A plenipotentiary of peripatetic profligacy........Guess I'll go have a smoke and see if there is a reason for living.....Can't wait to see what Tanith has to say .....
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #23
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

The Nomad's post re Oliva's not-for-sale brought back to mind some CAO fresh houseblends I once snagged at a herf. CAO was there offering extras with box sales, but were handing out these puppies as samples left and right. They were unpressed, unbanded, sizable sticks (Churchill mebbe?), in dark wrappers, and a blend they only made for themselves, for in-house consumption. These were probably the best CAOs I ever had, and I managed to scarf a few others from brothers who weren't interested, thank you very much. I wouldn't mind gettin' my paws on a wheel or three of these - especially at the same price.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #24
Biglizard1
LLG turned CAI

First Name: David
Trading: (8)
Montecristo
Biglizard1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all of you whom have posted, I posted my original topic because I occasionally have cigars that I know I cant get there are some I've been gifted, older than I am, makers out of business, etc, i took just a moment to see what others have had and some of the stories have just the stuff I wondered about. This hobby/life of cigars changes so often and things come and go. The friends I have met and just spoken with on here make memories far deeper than a cigar can ever be held to. I just wondered how some of you got to where you are with things you can never have again..... Thanks again
David
Biglizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #25
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

There was an old Cohiba with a label that looked like the Cuban variety with the yellow, white, and black but it just said Dominican or Dominican Republic along the bottom. These things were fantastic!
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote