Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Getting old S*cks!

So last night I decided I was going to go sit outside with a smoke and knew I wanted to grab a Nosotros that was gifted to me by Ranger_B. I knew these were in my one 300 count humi so off I went to retrieve it. So I am rifling through the humi and can't find it. WTF!? So I proceed to empty all the contents of the box to no avail. Hmmmm, that's odd! So I proceed to unload the contents of another 300 ct. to no avail. Now I am really thinking WTF, where is this stick as I knew it should have been in the last box. So I proceed to unload another desktop to no avail. At this point I am past wanting to smoke it and am determined in just finding it as I pretty much know where every stick is although when you look at my stash it looks disorganized. Still no luck. So I proceed to unload the small little cabinet I have and still no luck. I know it can't be in the other cabinet but I am 0 for 4 at this point and it's the only storage unit I have left that has not been searched. So I proceeded to tear that one apart with no luck. Now I am pissed and just can't understand how it disappeared. So I head back and unload the original box which I know it should have been in and still couldn't find the damn thing. So now I am annoyed that I can't find this thing and already invested an hour and 15 minutes to the search. So now I am thinking where the hell could this stick be? Than it finally comes to me. I smoked it over two months ago when we went on our cruise. So not only did I not have time left to go out to smoke as it was almost 11:30 at this point but I felt like a complete moron for looking for a non-existant smoke.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting old S*cks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
So last night I decided I was going to go sit outside with a smoke and knew I wanted to grab a Nosotros that was gifted to me by Ranger_B. I knew these were in my one 300 count humi so off I went to retrieve it. So I am rifling through the humi and can't find it. WTF!? So I proceed to empty all the contents of the box to no avail. Hmmmm, that's odd! So I proceed to unload the contents of another 300 ct. to no avail. Now I am really thinking WTF, where is this stick as I knew it should have been in the last box. So I proceed to unload another desktop to no avail. At this point I am past wanting to smoke it and am determined in just finding it as I pretty much know where every stick is although when you look at my stash it looks disorganized. Still no luck. So I proceed to unload the small little cabinet I have and still no luck. I know it can;t be in the other cabinet but I am ) for 3 at this point and it's the only storage unit I have left that has not been searched. So I proceeded to tear that one apart with no luck. Now I am pissed and just can't understand how it disappeared. So I head back and unload the original box which I know it should have been in and still couldn't find the damn thing. So now I am annoyed that I can't find this thing and already invested an hour and 15 minutes to the search. So now I am thinking where the hell could this stick be? Than it finally comes to me. I smoked it over two months ago when we went on our cruise. So not only did I not have time left to go out to smoke as it was almost 11:30 at this point but I felt like a complete moron for looking for a non-existant smoke.
Are you pissing in your pants yet?
If not, just wait.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
alwayslit
Welcome to the madness

First Name: Jim
Trading: (14)
RA
alwayslit is on a distinguished road

been there done that....LOL.
alwayslit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Great story, Gramps!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
BC-Axeman

+1
Somewhere out in my yard is an unlit cigar that I sat down in a safe place while I went and did something. By the time I remembered it it was a few days later. Years have gone by and I still haven't found it.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I can't tell you how many time I have to retrace my steps to help remind myself of why I went into the other room. It stinks, but it beats the alternative.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #8
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

You don't have to be old for that, same thing happened to me looking for a La Triviata once not long ago
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

That is funny.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Ya, been there. Don't let it worry you, just grab a different smoke.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #11
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

Awesome! Makes me feel SO much better about my searching...definitely been there!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

At least you didn't forget what you were looking for after an hour.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #13
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Hate To Tell You, John, But It Gets Worse!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

well now you'll have a better idea of where everything else is
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Yep, that's why they say when life gives you lemons, throw them at kids on their bicycles.
YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bicycle-Wreck[1] copy.jpg (34.5 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg bike wreck 2.jpg (59.9 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by OLS; 10-12-2010 at 09:44 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #16
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Last night I grabbed a stick (Boli 2009 LE) out of my humi and set it on top and proceeded to put everything back in place.

An hour later I was at the Shilo (cigar bar) and was looking for the stick in my cigar caddy and realized I left it on top of the humi...

This morning as I was reading your post I realized that it is still on top of the humi because I forgot about it last night...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
At least you didn't forget what you were looking for after an hour.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

as some of the others stated, been there done that......but now I have the meds from the VA, which make remembering chit even more fun
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Are you pissing in your pants yet?
If not, just wait.
I'm not, but it can't be too far away as I am now at the ripe old age of 45.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I'm not, but it can't be too far away as I am now at the ripe old age of 45.
got ya beat by a few Greg