Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation
Default Partagas Black Label

I'm having this love/hate relationship with the Partagas Black Label. I love the way they taste but hate the way they burn. The tobacco burns like licorice and they seem very chewy. I've had them in my humidor for months and they get no better. I've left a few out in the elements for a few days with the same results. They're just a tough cigar to smoke for me. Am I alone here or did I get some saturated smokes? I've had three boxes now and they're all the same. Maybe these are just high maintainance cigars. My size is the 6x60.

Larry
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Partagas Black Label

I've had similar results.

I like the Maximo the best. The tube seems to help!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

I'm going through my second box of magnificos and, while I have to touch up the burn more regularly than with other cigars, I would say I don't have much trouble with them. I've seen others complain about them being plugged, but I've never encountered that problem either. They are one of my go-tos. Sorry they aren't treating you so well.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

The Partagas Blacks have been a long time favorite of mine ever since I got a tin of the Prontos soon after I started smoking cigars. I've smoked various vitolas since then, and they've all smoked great.

Sorry you've had bad luck with them so far though!
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
jimmyk26
Jimmy Jim

First Name: Kings of Leon
Trading: (32)
HUpmann
jimmyk26 will become famous soon enough

When I first had the black label, I thought that they weren't any good. Then a friend of mine told me to put it in my humidor for a month or two and try it again, like magic the cigar was great. Since then I have been letting my cigars "rest" before trying them and been a lot more interested in how cigars change over time. So I like em, but only after they have had some down time...sounds high maintenance to me!
jimmyk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Brad

In my expierence, they need a lower RH in the humi to avoid the burn issues, low 60's is good for these. Anything over, and they can be a little too wet.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
rhmalone
Still Watching My Back

First Name: R. Harrison
Trading: (5)
rhmalone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
In my expierence, they need a lower RH in the humi to avoid the burn issues, low 60's is good for these. Anything over, and they can be a little too wet.
This has proved to be true for me... usually run the humi at 63 and despite a touch up here or there, they have good burn/draw for me. Excellent cigar, one of my favs.