Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Little Havana

I had to make a trip down to Miami yesterday to survey the mechanical systems of a building for a new project at work. I wasn't really looking forward to a 6:00am flight down and then a 9:40pm flight home, especially since the scope of work wasn't really that large. When my co-worker and I finished up even earlier than we thought we would we decided to see if we could find a cigar shop close to the project site, then head back to the airport and try to catch an earlier flight out. Low and behold, upon a quick google search we realized we were only a few blocks from Little Havana and about 6 blocks of cigar factories! Needless to say, the early flight went without us! We had a chance to hang out at La Gloria Cubana shop and smoke a couple of tasty sticks that are rolled there and picked up a couple that are only availiable there and in their European market, then we strolled next door to Don Pepin's shop and picked up a few more sticks.

It's always nice when a tedious work trip can be turned into a cigar oddessy. I've only managed to do it a few times, but it definately makes the trip better!

The La Gloria Cubana Shop

Cigar Press

Tasty!

Awesome Ashtry!

Pepins Packaging Department (A lot of tasty treats right there!)

I was wishing that we had had more time while we were there to stroll a little further down. This morning I found out we may have another project coming up down there...Boyah!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Little Havana

Thanks for sharing the pics.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Very cool -- thanks for sharing!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

I love that ashtray!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
ASU Maduro
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jerrell
Trading: (0)
Partagas
ASU Maduro is on a distinguished road

Looked like a good trip. I'm jealous.
ASU Maduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

A couple of more from El Credito

From my crappy cell phone camera, but you get the idea (i.e. adult candy store!)
Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
We had a chance to hang out at La Gloria Cubana shop and smoke a couple of tasty sticks that are rolled there and picked up a couple that are only availiable there and in their European market
?? La Gloria isn't sold on the European Market, only a handfull of El Credito serie R, but no La Gloria as Habanos has the rights to that brandname.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

That is what the shop guy was saying. It wouldn't be the first time someone was giving out faulty information about their brand. I know General Cigar now owns the La Gloria name. It was a nice smoke though, whatever it was
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
That is what the shop guy was saying. It wouldn't be the first time someone was giving out faulty information about their brand. I know General Cigar now owns the La Gloria name. It was a nice smoke though, whatever it was
I'll be there in a few months, let's see if he tries to tell me the same thing
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Ferdie you really don't want to have to have Frank come and put you in jail in Little Havana, I can see it now you getting deported to Cuba.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Ferdie you really don't want to have to have Frank come and put you in jail in Little Havana, I can see it now you getting deported to Cuba.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Steve if I would have known your coming down brother I would have met you there so we could herf.

Glad you had fun. Let me know next time
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Frank won't do that because I'll bomb him to smithereens with Acids if he pulls that sh*t on me
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Frank won't do that because I'll bomb him to smithereens with Acids if he pulls that sh*t on me
yes but you will be in Cuba, with Fidel.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Just for that i should arrest you!!!!

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
I was talking to my co-worker at lunch, and what he thought the guy was saying was that these were El Credito's that were re-branded. I was actually talking to another guy in the shop (and I was having to use my limited spanish ability as well), while Mark was having that conversation so I probably missed that part.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
Tbagley
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
Tbagley is on a distinguished road

Little Havana is only a half hour away but it sometimes seems to take forever to get there. Need to take another mini-road trip.
Tbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
I was talking to my co-worker at lunch, and what he thought the guy was saying was that these were El Credito's that were re-branded. I was actually talking to another guy in the shop (and I was having to use my limited spanish ability as well), while Mark was having that conversation so I probably missed that part.
That's funny, because the El Credito's are just rebanded La Gloria serie R
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
G G
BR549

Bolivar

good job, and glad you could mix some pleasure with the work. Hopefully we can get together soon brother