Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about
Default Heading to Disney in a few weeks Need ideas

I haven't been to Disney in 14 years so I'm wondering if I can smoke there? Do they have Cigar Shops (doubt it) can I smoke at the hotel? I'm taking my family there for vacation but I would love to be able to have a cigar at the end of each day? I'll be there for the first full week of Feb. any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Heading to Disney in a few weeks Need ideas

I am assuming that you are referring to Disney World.

There is one cigar shop on property -- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney. Good selection, but pricey; they have a custom roller on the weekends. If you have a car, you can drive to Corona Cigars in Orlando; if you do not have a car forget it as the cab fare is high.

All the hotels have a small humidor in their sundries shop. The cigars are from well-known manufacturers, but the storage is hit-or-miss, and the employees have little to no cigar knowledge.

You cannot smoke near your room (e.g., balcony, etc.) but they have plenty of smoking areas at all the resorts and parks. Make sure to pick up maps for each park and resort to find the smoking areas. You can smoke almost anywhere outside at the resorts as long as you are not near rooms or eating areas.

I like to walk around the board walk in the evening with a cigar; nice long walk around the "lake" with lots of stuff to see.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

What Michael said, I was there a couple of years ago (first time in like 25 years I was back home in FL), a lot of smoking areas for hotels and resorts, the one at the French Quarter was a nice garden with New Orleans inspired water fountains and pounds, it was really relaxing.

A lot of brothers live out that way, might be worth posting in the herf thread and trying to set up an meet to share a cigar with some other CA folk.

Enjoy your trip!

Edit: oh and if you do have a car ... fat boys' bbq in kissimmee is
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Michael pretty much hit the nail on the head. We go almost every year. Our resort is pretty forgiving of smoking but still not within "20" ft of rooms or indoor areas. Sosa on the boardwalk at downtown Disney used to be Dunhill at downtown Disney. They changed up the inventory but kept the prices. However last time I was there went on a Sat and the Sosa Family was there. I bought a box of their #2 and got a box of the limited edition 3rd harvest. They told me they are there a few times a year. I can try to see if they will be there around that time maybe you can meet them.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

When we usually have people visit lets plan one night typically friday and get the Orlando crew out.

I grab drinks at house of blues and sit outdoors to smoke now when I get stuck going to disney and need a smoke.

Let us know when lets grab a smoke!
Black Coral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

Yes I meant Disney World Thanks for that. I totally forgot about Downtown Disney, I will have to check that out. We are flying so we wont have a car but I'll have to about cab fare to the nearest B&M plus who knows how much time I will actually get to myself. But it would be great to meet up with some other brothers.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

If you are staying in the park (or really anywhere around it outside) there is transportation to Downtown Disney from each resort, buses and in some cases such as the French Quarter you can actually take a boat do DD.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Cab fare from WDW to Orlando is really expensive -- expect ~ $100 round trip.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:57 AM   #9
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Cab fare from WDW to Orlando is really expensive -- expect ~ $100 round trip.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

It's best to have a car.
There are so many things to do away from Disney, like the beach, restaurants, Universal Studios, ball parks, Sea World, Discovery Cove (the coolest place on earth) the list goes on forever.
When you're in the park just use the buses. They're awesome.

My kids aren't very theme-parky. They like a condo and a pool and a jacuzzi and the beach a lot more than Disney, so a car is a must.
By not staying at Disney we save a fortune, too. Way more than enough to pay for the car and anything else we want to do.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:34 AM   #11
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

There is Sosa in Downtown butting getting time away to get there and back every night might be a stretch if you want to keep the wife happy.
We ended up at the parks or at the resort pools until midnight almost every night. The girls then wanted to sleep in the mornings so I would use this time to enjoy coffee and cigar in the mornings (the resorts are not hopping between 6-7) and the weather was nice and cool.
Have fun and enjoy the kids, you will have the most fun watching them.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
wdwkelly

I am a self proclaimed WDW/DL expert. There are smoking areas all over...just look for them. I wouldn't waste a cigar in the parks. Enjoy one late night at the resort you are staying at. Especially on property resorts.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #13
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (13)
ksknnr is on a distinguished road

Corey, how was your trip, did you end up finding a place to have a cigar? Where did you stay? I am heading to Disney next week.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #14
badbriar

A word of advice to you all visiting Disney World... be cautions in choosing where you stay if you decide to stay in Kissimmee. Do your homework and research the safest places to stay. Disney is a lot of fun and quite safe. Some places / areas in Kissimmee are not quite so. For the cigar enthusiast in the family, Coronas is a veritable candy store for cigars! Was told that they boast nearly a million cigars. Sandlake store is by far the largest and closest to WDW.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:14 AM   #15
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

Thanks Rob, I am staying in the park at Caribbean Beach Resort. I think I may take an Uber over to corona one night once the kids, and wife go to sleep.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:57 AM   #16
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksknnr View Post
Thanks Rob, I am staying in the park at Caribbean Beach Resort. I think I may take an Uber over to corona one night once the kids, and wife go to sleep.
Please follow-up and let us know how much Uber charges for the trip to Corona.

Caribbean Beach is a very nice resort -- you should have a great time!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #17
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

I stayed at the CBR in 1988. I hope it's been updated since then.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 AM   #18
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I stayed at the CBR in 1988. I hope it's been updated since then.
I hope so too, 27 years is a while not to update
Old 04-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #19
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksknnr View Post
I hope so too, 27 years is a while not to update
We stayed there last year and in 2009. Not much changed in between but you really are not there to spend time in your room.
The resort pools are great for the kids for down time from the parks. They had enough of the water slide at the pool to allow us to skip the water parks at Disney (and we have a water park here in KC they go to).
I enjoyed coffee and a cigar every morning in the courtyard before everyone woke.
Have fun and hopefully the weather is nice for you.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #20
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

Got back from Disney Thursday night. Kids had a great time, stayed at the park till close every night. We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. This place was great, looks like it may have been done over in the past ten years or so, but very clean. They had a Cabana Bar at the main pool with a smoking section right behind it, right on a small lake, was very quiet and was able to have a few cigars there.