Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
cigarsmoker2543

Default Cuba visit

I have to say, I hope the Embargo with Cuba never get's lifted. If this were to happen, It would turn into what I call an American strip mall.

Cuba is Awsome, Clean, Serene, Gorgeous. It's land is full of History and Tradition. I beleive that we need to keep the Wonder of it far away from American hands.

Enjoy a Cuban C'GAR when U can, BUT let the CUBAN'S enjoy CUBA

Old 03-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cuba visit

I'd be ok with sacrificing that it if meant getting Cubans easier... Just saying.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
I'd be ok with sacrificing that it if meant getting Cubans easier... Just saying.
I have to agree if i dont have to deploy to get Cubans then i will vote for Obama...

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks View Post
I have to agree if i dont have to deploy to get Cubans then i will vote for Obama...
Mean that does what?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Not too many Cubans enjoy Cuba. Very strange post.....
Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
I thought they risked life and limb on homemade rafts for the adventure of it all
Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
I thought they risked life and limb on homemade rafts for the adventure of it all
I literally

****, I'm still laughing 5 minutes later.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
SD Beerman
Have My Own Room

Trading: (3)
Cohiba
SD Beerman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
what he said....
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Actually, from what I've seen, most of the Cuban's in Cuba do enjoy Cuba. Obviously the one's who risked life and limb to flee have a different opinion, both are valid. It does bear remembering that the opinions presented about Cuba in the US are heavily influenced by both the people who fled the island and the US' Cold War history and experiences. It's not the only view point of the country or regime.

That said, I disagree with the OP that it should be left exactly as it is. It needs to modernise with or without the ending of the Embargo in order for the Cuban economy to progress. As beautiful and quaint as the time wrap to the 50's is it's also left the country unable to compete hence the reforms that Raul is now implementing. Cuba is going to go through a similar revival as Russia did after the break up of the USSR.

Quote:
So, as I understand it Americans can freely travel there but we cannot spend US currency thus the embargo....so can I exchange for Candian currency and spend that? I want to go becuase they have EPIC flyfishing....and I will smoke CC's while I am doing that
American's are very welcomed there, as is the USD. They do charge an extra fee for converting to CUC and no debit or credit card from a US bank is accepted so it's probably easier to travel in with another currency.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post

American's are very welcomed there, as is the USD. They do charge an extra fee for converting to CUC and no debit or credit card from a US bank is accepted so it's probably easier to travel in with another currency.
Thanks, would like to go
Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

So, as I understand it Americans can freely travel there but we cannot spend US currency thus the embargo....so can I exchange for Candian currency and spend that? I want to go becuase they have EPIC flyfishing....and I will smoke CC's while I am doing that
Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Mike, from what I have researched Cuba will gladly take US currency. Just don't tell them you are from the US. I hope to do a carribean cruise soon and so far that's the general info I have got.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Mike, from what I have researched Cuba will gladly take US currency. Just don't tell them you are from the US. I hope to do a carribean cruise soon and so far that's the general info I have got.
I think the only ones who don't want you to spend US currency is the US, I am fairly sure the Cubans will take it
Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
from what i've seen Cuba doesn't give two shits if u are american or if u use american money. It's america that cares. You cannot use US issued debit/credit cards for the same reason, YOUR bank will not allow it.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

I get this from it,

If he doesn't have to deploy (leave the country) to get Cubans, he will vote for Obama. Because, Obama supports easing the embargo.

Eh?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
I get this from it,

If he doesn't have to deploy (leave the country) to get Cubans, he will vote for Obama. Because, Obama supports easing the embargo.

Eh?
Well close... I will vote for Obama if he will lift the embargo. For those who don't know Obama is forcing the Military to CUT their numbers and he has said somethings that i will not get into. I should keep my opinion of him to myself...

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
Old 03-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Blanket statements about Cuba, and how beatiful and wonderful it is. Do you have any pictures from your latest visit to the resort district or were you visiting neighborhoods? I'd be interested to see where this opinion of how great Cuba is came from.

Also, nice turn towards politics
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #18
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Blanket statements about Cuba, and how beatiful and wonderful it is. Do you have any pictures from your latest visit to the resort district or were you visiting neighborhoods? I'd be interested to see where this opinion of how great Cuba is came from.

Also, nice turn towards politics
In all fairness though Larry, there are alot of places like that which are not under an embargo...I have stayed at resorts in the Dominican which are incredible but walk half a block away and people are living in shanty towns, same with most of Mexico, Belize and Costa Rica, I am not sure how happy the locals are but I could still say that they are beautiful places...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In all fairness though Larry, there are alot of places like that which are not under an embargo...I have stayed at resorts in the Dominican which are incredible but walk half a block away and people are living in shanty towns, same with most of Mexico, Belize and Costa Rica, I am not sure how happy the locals are but I could still say that they are beautiful places...
I'm going to agree with this. I, personally, think that any island city/town is a beautiful place. Even in the markets, where the common/poverished shop, are interesting.

It's an outsider perspective that makes it beautiful, I think. The people who live there probably see it much differently.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Resorts are beatiful, small coastal villages are quaint, but to make statements about entire countries as a whole is a bit of a stretch. Particularly in a country where their refugees make a 70 mile boat trip regularly to try to start a better life in America. That is where my sentiment lies, with no knowledge of how he is making blanket statements about a country. Just wondering where he gets his opinion from. Thats why I asked.
Closed Thread