View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #35
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is Opus X really "all that"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
If you can get them at close to MSRP, then that is a good plan, but I would recommend trying two - one larger ring gauge and one smaller, because the vitola does affect the taste on this cigar.

Personally, I find the longer Opus Xs to be as boring as watching paint dry and I've seen BOTLs who are trying their first Opus and it's a Double Corona, or Reserva D'Chateau or Perfexion No. 2 and they sit there smoking the cigar "waiting for something to happen" and since it never does, they end up turned off to the line. If I had to recommend two Opus X's for someone to try, I would say the xXx Power Ranger (short torpedo) and the Perfecxion No.4 (corona, cedar wrapped) or a Perfecxion No.5 (petite corona). Different enough in size that they have noteable differences in complexity and power, not so long that one ends up bored.
Well said Adam. I have to agree with you on the vitolas and taste.
As far as if they are worth trying? Sure, anything is worth a try if you can afford it. Just do not pay 25+ for them.