View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
I would love to see a video of that thing in operation. Neat design.
I'm trying to edit a (regular) mokapot "How to" for youtube right now. I might do one for this pot next year. I fooled with it the other day and managed to get a shot out and managed to froth milk about 20% of the way. It was pretty stinky coffee though, even after I cleaned it out. It needs a little, uh... conditioning.

Best as I can figure, you fill it with water to the desired line inside the lower pot (3, 6 or 9 cups) and fill the basket with the requisite amount of grinds. You then screw down the top, close the steam wand knob-valve, open the coffee knob-valve and fire the mother up.

When coffee is done flowing you must close the coffee valve and wait for a few minutes to build up steam and hear a rumble. Put a frothing pot under the wand, crack open the wand knob-valve and blow some steam. Presto-presto.

I gotta say this... When something is as rare as this pot it must have gone away for a reason, right? There is the original Atomic or the Bellman reproduction but - seriously - who uses one of those?