Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. A great book. Prompted me to reserve The Girl Who Played with Fire at the library. I also put a hold on Foreign Influence by Brad Thor and American Assassin by Vince Flynn.

Since none of those are currently available, I'm picking up A Drink Before the War by Dennis Lehane, tomorrow. Thanks Marianne for the Lehane recommendation (from your best of 2009 list ). Well...I guess thanks, as I haven't read one of his novels yet, but loved The Wire (HBO) for which he wrote a few episodes.
Well...the three books I put on hold all came in rather quickly, and I've already finished them.

The Girl Who Played with Fire was exceptional. I'm anxious to read the final installment.
Foreign Influence and American Assassin were also both very good, but reading them back to back could lead to confusion. Scot Harvath and Mitch Rapp are too similar to keep straight! If anyone is the fan of one author, I strongly suggest the other as well.

I now plan to read A Drink Before the War. I don't think I'll have a lot of time to read over the next week though.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote