Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Who has a Keurig coffee pot? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26693)

wayner123 12-13-2010 12:58 PM

Re: Who has a Keurig coffee pot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffle (Post 1092569)
This reusable filter is the one we got.

That's the one I have been using as well. It works really well.

Pros:

Use your own coffee
If your regular K-cup holder breaks can be used to still make coffee

Cons:

It can overflow. (I have a fix for this that worked perfectly)
It makes one cup, then you have to clean it. Not really a con but becomes a hassle.

jonumberone 12-13-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1092581)
It makes one cup, then you have to clean it. Not really a con but becomes a hassle.

This has always been the biggest setback for me,

Chainsaw13 12-13-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1092581)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonumberone (Post 1092592)
This has always been the biggest setback for me,

That's what has held me back from buying it. I have a hard enough time remembering to clean my travel mug every day.

How fine of a grind do you have to use with any of the reusable cups?

688sonarmen 12-13-2010 01:06 PM

Going thru the descale process right now, lets hope this fixes my issues.

wayner123 12-13-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 1092598)
That's what has held me back from buying it. I have a hard enough time remembering to clean my travel mug every day.

How fine of a grind do you have to use with any of the reusable cups?

I just use regular drip grind. Not espresso but not coarse either. The trick is not filling the basket all the way to the top and making sure the black o-ring that is on the unit itself fits snugly against the top.

AD720 12-13-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen (Post 1092600)
Going thru the descale process right now, lets hope this fixes my issues.

If your pump is failing there is not amount of descaling that will help. The only time that helps is when the nozzle is clogged (at least in my experience). Just jump through the hoops so they will send you a replacement. :2

688sonarmen 12-13-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD720 (Post 1092616)
If your pump is failing there is not amount of descaling that will help. The only time that helps is when the nozzle is clogged (at least in my experience). Just jump through the hoops so they will send you a replacement. :2

Thats what I was worried about, thanks for the info:tu

Chainsaw13 12-13-2010 08:00 PM

Anyone happen to notice the prices on Amazon have gone up considerably on k-cups and brewers? Most 50 count boxes are now $27.75, instead of the usual $22-23. Brewers seems to be $10 or so more. Guess it's Christmas!

skullnrose 12-13-2010 08:13 PM

They are replacing our Platinum brewer yet again this is our third one in less than a year. I wish the product was as good as the customer service.

688sonarmen 12-14-2010 04:50 AM

The descale did not work. I have had mine for less than a year but don't have the receipt, will they still replace it?

wayner123 12-14-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullnrose (Post 1093290)
They are replacing our Platinum brewer yet again this is our third one in less than a year. I wish the product was as good as the customer service.

How did you get them to replace it twice??

AD720 12-14-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullnrose (Post 1093290)

Ditto, we are on number three. At least they are standing behind the product. If this one breaks again I am going to ask for a different model. I bought the best though and anything will be a step down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen (Post 1093641)
The descale did not work. I have had mine for less than a year but don't have the receipt, will they still replace it?

If you registered it with them to get the free K-Cups you should be good to go. Otherwise you may have to ask really, really, really nice. :sh

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1093727)
How did you get them to replace it twice??

Same way they replaced it the first time, I called up and explained it wasn't working (short-filling, not brewing full cups, pump failing), I jumped through the hoops (descale, clean nozzle, etc) and they sent me a new one. No problem at all, just had to talk to customer service a few times.

EDIT: Sorry Wayner, just noticed you were talking to scott...didn't mean to butt in.

wayner123 12-14-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD720 (Post 1093772)
Same way they replaced it the first time, I called up and explained it wasn't working (short-filling, not brewing full cups, pump failing), I jumped through the hoops (descale, clean nozzle, etc) and they sent me a new one. No problem at all, just had to talk to customer service a few times.

EDIT: Sorry Wayner, just noticed you were talking to scott...didn't mean to butt in.

No worries. I just wondered how they would replace it more than once. I have called 5 times to get a new k-cup holder and they keep giving me the run around. I finally got told that I need to destroy the unit I have (even though it was a gift) because the unit had already been traded in. Which makes me think that if someone got their unit replaced 2,3, etc times, they would have spare models laying around.

waffle 12-14-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1093788)
No worries. I just wondered how they would replace it more than once. I have called 5 times to get a new k-cup holder and they keep giving me the run around. I finally got told that I need to destroy the unit I have (even though it was a gift) because the unit had already been traded in. Which makes me think that if someone got their unit replaced 2,3, etc times, they would have spare models laying around.

Probably why you see a bunch of them on ebay being sold as "parts only".

AD720 12-14-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1093788)

They made me send back the K-Cup holder part, which is likely why they are giving you a hard time about replacing the part. See below...

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffle (Post 1093799)
Probably why you see a bunch of them on ebay being sold as "parts only".

Exactly, most of them are missing the K-Cup holder part so chances are they were replaced. I kept the reservoir from both of ours but just chucked the rest. That little part they make you send back sell on ebay for like $30 bucks. I guess there would be a big market for getting a replacement and buying the K-cup holder so you could re-sell the "replaced" unit.

wayner123 12-14-2010 12:21 PM

Do any of you have the 'Perfect Pod Holster'? It seems you can open up another 200+ coffee's and less mess than the 'My K-Cup'.

waffle 12-14-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1094068)
Do any of you have the 'Perfect Pod Holster'? It seems you can open up another 200+ coffee's and less mess than the 'My K-Cup'.

Had not seen that... here's their website... looks pretty promising.

688sonarmen 12-19-2010 02:00 PM

So they replaced mine, I never registered it online. They only wanted the model # to verify it was last years model.:noon

AD720 12-19-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen (Post 1099359)
So they replaced mine, I never registered it online. They only wanted the model # to verify it was last years model.:noon

Nice, glad to hear it. They do really seem to stand behind their products.

688sonarmen 12-22-2010 10:54 AM

My new one is working like a dream and the motor sounds different, more smooth and like it has 2 speeds. Also has anyone ever had the Obsidian K-cup by Caribou? I purchased a box from Target and they are the bomb:noon