Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Whats in your bowl? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128)

BigFrank 10-05-2010 06:49 PM

Re: Whats in your bowl?

lil laurel heights before bed. trying to polish this tin off...

Tobacmon 10-06-2010 02:52 AM

Just getting the early morning ride to work bowl together and looks like the 09 Christmas Cheer will be my companion this morning.....:)

Curly Cut 10-06-2010 06:35 AM

I packed a couple pipes for this exercise.
i haven't had but 3 or less bowls since mid-July....

gonna break open a tin of Escudo from '07.

nater 10-07-2010 07:24 AM

Last night was Pembrook and first smoke today will be Early Morning

physiognomy 10-07-2010 07:12 PM

Spilman Mixture in a Tsuge bent brandy tonight...

BigFrank 10-07-2010 08:14 PM

First bowl of Union Square special thanks to yachties23 ( Chris ) for a sample... so far a damn good straight up VA...

yachties23 10-08-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFrank (Post 1015462)
First bowl of Union Square special thanks to yachties23 ( Chris ) for a sample... so far a damn good straight up VA...

Isn't it a great Virginia? Smoked a bowl myself last night and just ordered 5 more tins.

BigFrank 10-08-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yachties23 (Post 1015702)
Isn't it a great Virginia? Smoked a bowl myself last night and just ordered 5 more tins.

Yah it is pretty good stuff. I definitely want to load my cellar full of this stuff. But I have an order of bulk coming in thats about 4 pounds of stuff, so Union Square might have to wait until tax time...lol

Curly Cut 10-08-2010 03:24 PM

it is good stuff.

been going through a tin of Escudo from '05 on this exercise. (for some reason i wrote '07, but the date shows '05).

BigFrank 10-09-2010 04:00 PM

Smoked a little of a blend called "Unique from a local shop" I pretty damn sure it's Lane's 1-Q either way tastes decent for an aromatic.

Emjaysmash 10-09-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFrank (Post 1017092)
Smoked a little of a blend called "Unique from a local shop" I pretty damn sure it's Lane's 1-Q either way tastes decent for an aromatic.

Has anyone compared 1Q to Butternut Burely? Are they similar at all?

hotreds 10-09-2010 05:47 PM

Still going through various sampe bags from various online stores. Ebony from Tobacco Barn was good. So far have not liked too much of the Pipes and Cigars stuff, tho.

Ranger_B 10-09-2010 10:07 PM

A bowl of Frog morton on the town in my new olive wood pipe.

Savor the Stick 10-10-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_B (Post 1017316)
A bowl of Frog morton on the town in my new olive wood pipe.

I've been enjoying that baccy, from a sample, I got from a brother here...where's it been in all my pipe smoking journey? I'm gonna have to order a couple of tins of this.:)

BigFrank 10-10-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash (Post 1017104)
Has anyone compared 1Q to Butternut Burely? Are they similar at all?

Totally different.

Have you tried either yet?

Union Square and Laurel Heights last night. Had some trouble with the Union Sq. last night. But this is usually how it is for me when I try to smoke flakes just stuffed into my pipe. Didn't let it dry out enough and didnt load the pipe well enough. Oh well still tasted good. Laurel Heights keeps getting better and better each night. I read a good article from G.L.Pease about first impressions of tobacco ( http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-th...t-impressions/ ) and I've been smoking the same blend in the same pipe each time.

Emjaysmash 10-13-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFrank (Post 1017462)
Totally different.

Have you tried either yet?

Union Square and Laurel Heights last night. Had some trouble with the Union Sq. last night. But this is usually how it is for me when I try to smoke flakes just stuffed into my pipe. Didn't let it dry out enough and didnt load the pipe well enough. Oh well still tasted good. Laurel Heights keeps getting better and better each night. I read a good article from G.L.Pease about first impressions of tobacco ( http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-th...t-impressions/ ) and I've been smoking the same blend in the same pipe each time.

I've had the Butternut Burley. I really liked it. Never had 1Q.

So I got 2oz of Sugar Barrel and had a bowl of it to and from the bank today. It bit me. and it tasted like plastic and air. I'm hoping drying it out will help.

nater 10-14-2010 09:33 PM

965 this evening...

Emjaysmash 10-14-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nater (Post 1023452)
965 this evening...

:dr

BigFrank 10-15-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash (Post 1021568)
I've had the Butternut Burley. I really liked it. Never had 1Q.

So I got 2oz of Sugar Barrel and had a bowl of it to and from the bank today. It bit me. and it tasted like plastic and air. I'm hoping drying it out will help.

Heard a lot of good things about Sugar Barrel hopefully it doesnt suck for you. As for the 1Q, it's one of the better aro's out IMMO.

Emjaysmash 10-15-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFrank (Post 1024099)
Heard a lot of good things about Sugar Barrel hopefully it doesnt suck for you. As for the 1Q, it's one of the better aro's out IMMO.

I'm planning on probably using it to mix with other tobaccos, Tambolaka for instance.