Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What beer or liquor are you drinking right now? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=326)

markem 07-09-2012 02:27 AM

Re: What beer or liquor are you drinking right now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox (Post 1671499)

I have several friends who own 2-stroke blenders. One friend in Reno builds them in his spare time. Google "2-stroke blender" and you should find several.

They are really great but make sure that the blender mechanism is strong enough to grind a lot of ice or you will merely have a 2-stroke spinner.

Been there, seen that. It was sad.

MrWolf55 07-09-2012 08:21 AM

Was in Myrtle Beach saturday night and made the HUGE mistake of going to Jimmy Buffett's Margarittaville. Wasted money on a 'loaded landshark'- a bottle of his corona-ripoff beer and a shot of his lime tequila. Set me back a ridiculous $8 and was the grossest thing I've ever tried to force into my digestive system. Oh well, live and learn - a tourist trap I'll be sure to avoid next time I'm down there.

Made up for it the next day with a couple of tasty Red Stripes by the beach :al
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1291/redstripe.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pektel 07-09-2012 09:05 AM

Nothin. Guess it's a no-no with heat exhaustion.

OLS 07-09-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWolf55 (Post 1675991)
Oh well, live and learn - a tourist trap I'll be sure to avoid next time I'm down there.

Myrtle Beach makes it hard NOT to drink in a tourist trap. If its still like when I lived there, you either
pay a membership fee to drink single shot bottle-made drinks and beer at local bars or you drink in one
of the McBars that litter the landscape. Not terrible living there, but as a guest, it can be rough. If you
are going to be there longer than the weekend, it is often a good idea to "join" a private club in Murrel's
Inlet or one of those areas...I think it's sometimes as easy as SIMPLY filling in a card, usually there is
a fee, which they replace quickly with a free drink or two. Nice place to visit, though.

Tonight I am going to have one of those Innis and Gunn Rum Cask Beers with a Montecristo Sublime EL

Bruins Fan 07-10-2012 02:43 PM

Golden Monkey :chr

AECUSN 07-10-2012 03:58 PM

Newcastle Brown Ale! 5 Liter mini keg is AWESOME!

The Poet 07-10-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AECUSN (Post 1677057)
Newcastle Brown Ale! 5 Liter mini keg is AWESOME!

I like Newcastle too. Last night I tried a sample my beer rep gave me . . . Shiner Bock. It's pretty similar, and was damn good. :tu

emopunker2004 07-10-2012 06:45 PM

Green Room Brewing Double Overhead Double IPA

lilcgrsmkr 07-10-2012 06:50 PM

i don't drink often, but i had a gin and tonic with fresh strawberries...yum...:) very refreshing:)

emopunker2004 07-10-2012 07:15 PM

Sweetwater Blue

MrWolf55 07-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1676300)
Myrtle Beach makes it hard NOT to drink in a tourist trap. If its still like when I lived there, you either
pay a membership fee to drink single shot bottle-made drinks and beer at local bars or you drink in one
of the McBars that litter the landscape. Not terrible living there, but as a guest, it can be rough. If you
are going to be there longer than the weekend, it is often a good idea to "join" a private club in Murrel's
Inlet or one of those areas...I think it's sometimes as easy as SIMPLY filling in a card, usually there is
a fee, which they replace quickly with a free drink or two. Nice place to visit, though.

Yeah I was only there for a few days with my girlfriend and she wanted to do the whole tourist thing. Mostly went to all the usual traps like Hard Rock and so forth out of convenience - which is a shame because I really felt like I was paying through the nose for pretty sub par drinks at most places. But thanks for the tip, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm down there.

andromalius 07-10-2012 11:22 PM

screwdriver with Three Olive Cake vodka. an odd drink a friend at work told me about. Tastes way better than it sounds.

naentsminger 07-11-2012 03:53 PM

Currently at work so just water, but as soon as I get home I'm breaking in to an Intuition Ale Works I-10 IPA

markem 07-11-2012 04:09 PM

Abandonado Extra Anjeo Tequila

thebayratt 07-11-2012 04:48 PM

Wild Turkey American Honey.

Bill86 07-11-2012 11:55 PM

Vodka

TJtorpedo 07-12-2012 06:40 PM

Beef Eater and tonic with a splash of currant juice and a lime wedge.

Remo 07-12-2012 06:41 PM

PBR :tu

pektel 07-12-2012 06:57 PM

bogle petit syrah
Posted via Mobile Device

hammondc 07-12-2012 07:56 PM

Siobahn Zinfandel