Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Red Sox Nation -Check In (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15635)

The Poet 05-03-2010 04:01 PM

Re: Red Sox Nation -Check In

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak (Post 847154)
Tough year so far, really not a good sign coming out of the gate this slowly. Pitching is horrible especially the bullpen. Hitting is pretty bad as well. Tito needs to make a few moves or else this season will turn into a wash by June.

Change that to "Girardi", and you could be talking about my Yankees this time last year. It's freakin' May 3, for Kris'sakes! Anything can happen.

macsauce13 05-03-2010 04:05 PM

Go Yanks!

VTDragon 05-03-2010 09:11 PM

Sox win -score 16 runs! Celtics win, Bruins win. I'll sleep good tonight:)

VTDragon 05-07-2010 09:32 AM

We get swept by the Orioles and then turn around and we sweep the Angels. Who can figure?

Hope we can keep up the good play against the Yankees this weekend. Should be an interesting series.

jmsremax 05-07-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsauce13 (Post 847880)
Go Yanks!

Boo that man!

taltos 05-07-2010 12:08 PM

Hope that they step up to the plate this weekend.

VirtualSmitty 05-08-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 851966)
Hope that they step up to the plate this weekend.

Looks like the BoSox were just what Tex needed to come out of his slump :r

floydpink 05-08-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 853097)
Looks like the BoSox were just what Tex needed to come out of his slump :r

Love it. Much more to come.:banger

ScottieM 05-09-2010 07:29 AM

Wow, It may be early but the Sox really look flat. Hell, Toronto looks better than they do.

VTDragon 05-10-2010 09:38 AM

Sigh ... lost 2 of 3 to the Evil Empire. Just when I hoped the Sox were coming out of their funk. Maybe we'll do better against the Jays.

Bruins Fan 05-10-2010 03:04 PM

Let's face it guys this team is not that good and will not make the playoffs.
The sad part it is not even June.

The Poet 05-10-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 854610)

Though it's 'way too early to throw in the towel, you might be right. And it's not just the obvious things either. For instance, your Sox are at the top of the majors in allowing stolen bases, and at the bottom in stealing them yourselves.

One more brick in the monstrous wall you need to scale.

VTDragon 05-10-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 854610)
The sad part it is not even June.

Can't give up on 'em yet, remember the Yankees started out slow last year. If the pitching gets hot, (which it should), we have a chance.

tupacboy 05-13-2010 10:32 AM

hey hey hey... where's the faith... remember the angels last year? started at 16-16 and went on to win 90+ games!

our pitching is starting to settle in... same will happen with our hitting...

keep in mind guys... we've been playing horrible and still above .500 (granted its by 1 game)... that's with early injuries... beckett and lester not showing up yet... dice-k getting better...

PeteSB75 05-13-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacboy (Post 857645)
hey hey hey... where's the faith... remember the angels last year? started at 16-16 and went on to win 90+ games!

our pitching is starting to settle in... same will happen with our hitting...

keep in mind guys... we've been playing horrible and still above .500 (granted its by 1 game)... that's with early injuries... beckett and lester not showing up yet... dice-k getting better...

Lester has shown up, and with a vengeance. He's been almost untouchable his last three starts. Beckett is completely off the rails though, really gotta wonder what is going with him. Matsuzaka had a good start on Tuesday, and even Wake was good yesterday, just didn't get any run support. Lackey has also been good. Where we are lacking is in the hitting department. We need Ellsbury back, and if they are serious about a playoff run this fall, they will need to sit Ortiz for Lowell, and either hope Cameron starts hitting well or trade for a bat in the outfield.

Bruins Fan 05-13-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteSB75 (Post 857661)
Lester has shown up, and with a vengeance. He's been almost untouchable his last three starts. Beckett is completely off the rails though, really gotta wonder what is going with him. Matsuzaka had a good start on Tuesday, and even Wake was good yesterday, just didn't get any run support. Lackey has also been good. Where we are lacking is in the hitting department. We need Ellsbury back, and if they are serious about a playoff run this fall, they will need to sit Ortiz for Lowell, and either hope Cameron starts hitting well or trade for a bat in the outfield.

Theo's run prevention is a bunch of crap.
Cameron just plain Suxs, the Brewers let him go, and Beltre for the best third baseman in baseball has a boat load of errors and would have at least a dozen more if not for hometown score keepers?
I think Tampa and the Yanks are just to strong in the AL East?

Bruins Fan 05-27-2010 03:48 AM

What a turn around, playing like crap for a month, to the hottest team in baseball.
The pitching has finely kicked in, they got to keep it up and beat up on the bad teams on this home stand.:tu

PeteSB75 05-27-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 870475)
What a turn around, playing like crap for a month, to the hottest team in baseball.
The pitching has finely kicked in, they got to keep it up and beat up on the bad teams on this home stand.:tu

Yeah, hell of a road trip. Hopefully KC won't be too much trouble.

Still down on Beltre? He had a pretty good game last night :ss

TripleF 05-27-2010 07:22 AM

I jumped in this thread when my Rays swept the Sox in April.

I gotta jump in NOW and take my whipping cuz you boys sure swept us like we were a high school team....

PeteSB75 05-27-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleF (Post 870564)
I jumped in this thread when my Rays swept the Sox in April.

I gotta jump in NOW and take my whipping cuz you boys sure swept us like we were a high school team....

Gotta say, while I certainly expected them to do better than last time we saw you guys, that was much better than anticipated. Especially Crawford and Maddon getting ejected the other night :tf you guys still have a few games on us and on the yanks, so don't despair. You can still take the wild card :tf