Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Red Sox Nation -Check In (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15635)

icehog3 10-23-2013 11:31 PM

Re: Red Sox Nation -Check In

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 1892884)
Cards manager crying about the overturned call...saying the umps got it wrong :r
He should look at the reply..the guy did not catch the ball :D

I am sure he did look at the replay.....he should have some class and admit the umps got it right.

AdamJoshua 10-23-2013 11:41 PM

John F. said over and over that everyone "accepts" the neighborhood play, but that's not what this was, it was clear he never had the ball to transfer. Even the replay showed the ump looking at the bag assuming he was going to make the catch so you have to forgive him for missing the call.

Also interesting what Joe Torre said, how the umps have a little signal if they see something they will start toward the ump in question to let him know they had a better or different view and then he will call them in, if no one moves the ump in question doesn't call for help, it's not that they just rarely call for help it's that most of the time the other umps have nothing definitive to add. I thought that was kind of enlightening.

kelmac07 10-24-2013 05:32 AM

Good win for the the Red Sxo last night. :tu

massphatness 10-24-2013 06:18 AM

Look for me at game 2 tonight. I'll be the fat guy in the Red Sox hat.

stearns 10-24-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1892939)

you gotta get one of those pink strap-on beards all the kids are wearing these days :D

icehog3 10-24-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Mike Napoli? :r

AdamJoshua 10-24-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Crosses 14,290 people off the list of potentials, oh and Matt Damon so 14,291 :D

Where are your seats Vin and color me jealous man! *knocks on wood*

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1892964)
Mike Napoli? :r

No we'd know it was him because he'd be driving in World Series RBIs ;) *knocks on wood*

Dave128 10-24-2013 11:40 AM

Leave your wood alone, Adam. You're gonna get blisters.

massphatness 10-24-2013 11:40 AM

Roughly speaking this is our view, Adam -- we actually moved over one section closer to home plate this year but I don't have a pic. The only downside is the beer vendors aren't allowed to sell in our section. Apparently the seats aren't expensive enough ...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7290/1...4d5eea92_z.jpg

pnoon 10-24-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave128 (Post 1893013)
Leave your wood alone, Adam. You're gonna get blisters.

Or go blind. :=:

AdamJoshua 10-24-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1893014)
Roughly speaking this is our view, Adam -- we actually moved over one section closer to home plate this year but I don't have a pic. The only downside is the beer vendors aren't allowed to sell in our section. Apparently the seats aren't expensive enough ...

Have to say I do miss going to games at Fenway, never forget my first game, scalped bleacher tickets to opening day in '87 and saw Rocket pitch, when he was still just an amazing enhanced pitcher.

Place is going to be rockin tonight!

SD Beerman 10-24-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1893014)

Foul ball territory. hopefully not obstructed view.

SD Beerman 10-24-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

I know that guy!

Bruins Fan 10-25-2013 04:37 AM

Bullpen implosion..very uncharacteristic :sh

AdamJoshua 10-26-2013 07:27 PM

WHY is salty in this ****ing game, he hasn't hit at all during the post season, he had a bonehead error in game 2 that cost huge, he's calling a shitty game in game 3 and you have Ross sitting on the bench who is hitting .350 .... wow Farrell FAIL.

AdamJoshua 10-26-2013 07:53 PM

2-1 on Nava ... ball 5 inches outside a called strike now 2-2 .. ball to make it 3-2 .. (should have been the walk) next pitch strike out. I think i've heard "Kelly gets away with one" about 5 times so far, these calls are fricking brutal.

TWO strikes in a row called balls to the sox pitchers, games like this aren't even fun to watch, it's only amusing when McCarver says "and there's a strike" as it's called a ball then he says it was a bit low, then they show the track and it's "no that was a good pitch that didn't get the call". Ok I'm done.

AdamJoshua 10-26-2013 10:14 PM

Two in a row for shittlylamacia

Bruins Fan 10-26-2013 10:16 PM

Farrell..should be fired on the spot!!!

AdamJoshua 10-26-2013 10:20 PM

I never saw a more bonehead set of moves, you take out a guy who is hitting, you put in someone who hasn't hit ****, you move Xander from the position he's played all season and put middlebrooks at 3rd, your moves cost us Felix who was pitching great ball, Xander throws a bad one to first instead of drew being there, middlebrooks hasn't played in a month and a ball get's by him that is usually snagged, one bad move after enough and the entire time you leave that no hitting catcher in the game, who had an error that cost us last night and he has one that cost the game tonight, while on the bench you have Ross who's hitting .350 in teh post season... really just a bizarre string of moves, ****ing it looked like ME when I try play chess for christ sake.

Bruins Fan 10-26-2013 10:26 PM

Farrell is in over his head..interference could be called the other way it shows the guy pushing down on WMB?

AdamJoshua 10-26-2013 10:36 PM

and yet what's it matter XB should have been at 3rd the entire time anyway, it's a opinion call, he thinks one of the slowest guys on the team with a bum ankle would have scored so that's that, if salty is catching again in this series, as a fan i will be severely let down, it's time to give Ross the due he's earned in the postseason.

icehog3 10-26-2013 10:42 PM

Missed the ending, watching MLB.TV now, so do Red Sox fans think the call was wrong? I haven't seen enough to form an opinion.

AdamJoshua 10-27-2013 12:12 AM

It's a judgement call on the umps part whether or not Craig could have scored if he didn't push down on middlebrooks and then trip over him. It is interesting according to the rule once a player has missed a ball he is no longer in pursuit of it and if he is in the way it's interference, so basically if there is a play like that and you just trip or run into the guy, you are automatically safe at home no matter what, seems like originally it was to keep 3rd basemen from slowing down runners on purpose but they made it to where basically it doesn't matter what the instance is. That's the rule nothing you can do about it, you just rarely see it and it figures mr. Jim "sorry I suck and you don't get a perfect game" Joyce was the one to make the call, so now I guess he doesn't spend the night in Detroit OR Boston. lol

As I said I am more upset with the game that John Farrell 'played', so many bad moves in one game. I think that's the worst part, the one guy that should have not started or at least should have been replaced was the one left in the game to K badly a couple of times and throw the ball away at the end to cost the game.

Bruins Fan 10-27-2013 05:05 AM

Taking nothing away from the Cards they are playing great.
Bottom line for me is the ineptitude of the Sox manager, for the moves or lack of.
Saltalamacchia..makes two throws in two games that cost the team a chance to win?

Blueface 10-27-2013 05:52 AM

The call was lousy if you are a Red Sox fan.
It was proper if a Cardinals fan.

As a fan of neither, I think it was a proper call.

As far as Farrell goes, come on guys. You weren't complaining when a first year manager took the team to the World Series. Why now?
Live by the sword, die by it.

mosesbotbol 10-27-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1893639)
Missed the ending, watching MLB.TV now, so do Red Sox fans think the call was wrong? I haven't seen enough to form an opinion.

At the time I saw it, yes. Haven't re-watched it today, but I was also half bottle of wine and two Guinness's state-of-mind at the neighborhood Irish bar.

kelmac07 10-27-2013 09:43 AM

Tough loss for the Sox last night.

Stephen 10-27-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1893639)

As an unbiased observer (I hate both teams ;)) I think the call was the right one. Nobody's first move to get up when they're lying flat on their stomach is to kick their legs up in the air.

AdamJoshua 10-27-2013 10:08 AM

I thought the call was the right one too, well "by the book" the only problem is they showed another angle of the play and craig was already tripping before he got to middlebrooks, put out his hand, pushed middlebrooks back down then tripped over him. Sooo while i didn't have a problem before I sort of have one now, not that it matters, the game is over and it's time to play the next one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1893697)
As an unbiased observer (I hate both teams ;)) I think the call was the right one. Nobody's first move to get up when they're lying flat on their stomach is to kick their legs up in the air.

He didn't trip over his legs, if you watch the video and even the umpires said that.

He actually started going down before he got to middlebrooks in the video, then gimped his way down the line at a brisk walking pace that you see old people use in the mall, haha :)

Stephen 10-27-2013 10:24 AM

Lost in all the controversy is the nice play by Pedroia to set things in motion.

Stephen 10-27-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 1893698)
He didn't trip over his legs, if you watch the video and even the umpires said that.

I didn't say anything about tripping in my post.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 1893698)
then gimped his way down the line at a brisk walking pace that you see old people use in the mall, haha :)

Yeah, he wasn't on his giddyup that's for sure.

AdamJoshua 10-27-2013 12:25 PM

No but this sure seemed to be you pointing that way, if you weren't my bad.

Quote:

Nobody's first move to get up when they're lying flat on their stomach is to kick their legs up in the air.
I think part of the issue was when he was pushing himself up Craig used his body to push off and that pushed him back down. He at least ump is making a name for himself, screwed a player out of a perfect game and then this in the world series, he should write a book :r

Stephen 10-27-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 1893734)
No but this sure seemed to be you pointing that way, if you weren't my bad.

Nah, just an added obstacle for Craig to get through/around. Actually thought it was a smart move by Middlebrooks. Unfortunately for Sox nation, got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

AdamJoshua 10-27-2013 09:53 PM

KOJI!!!!!!!!! Shocked everyone! Hey we didn't give away this game with errors!

Bruins Fan 10-27-2013 09:55 PM

Momentum swings back to Sox!!

AdamJoshua 10-27-2013 09:58 PM

No reason for Shittalamacia to get off the bench the rest of the season. If it wasn't for his errors to end the two loses..........

*knocks on wood*

Love Papi calling a huddle in the dugout and talking to the team telling them to lighten up, you don't get to the world series every day you have to enjoy it, loosen up and have some fun and play ball.

Holy **** he's hitting .727 in the World Series through 4 games.

*knocks on wood*

Bruins Fan 10-28-2013 09:04 PM

Nice job by the big lefty :D
I like our chances at home Fenway will be rocking :noon

AdamJoshua 10-28-2013 09:09 PM

Water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apEctKwiD8

Wow a chance to win the World Series in Fenway park for the first time since 1918. That place is going to be crazy for the games. *knocks on wood*

kelmac07 10-29-2013 05:33 AM

Nice win for the Red Sox. Lester looks amazing this series.

mosesbotbol 10-29-2013 07:15 AM

I should take the 57 into Kenmore tomorrow night!

stearns 10-29-2013 07:16 AM

If I was less than a 6 hour drive away I'd be there with ya. You don't even need to go into the game, the whole city is gonna be wired :tu

AdamJoshua 10-29-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1894246)
I should take the 57 into Kenmore tomorrow night!

LOL More like get into Somerville or Cambridge and try and stuff yourself onto the jam packed T and get into Kenmore or close and walk ... it's going to be nuts.

mosesbotbol 10-30-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 1894254)
LOL More like get into Somerville or Cambridge and try and stuff yourself onto the jam packed T and get into Kenmore or close and walk ... it's going to be nuts.

There's about 5 Irish pubs walking distance from my house. We were discussing last night which one we should check the game out at. There's one sports bar near by too, but it'll be packed with too many BC students; very few of which are from Red Sox Nation.

Irish Pub will be a little more civilized, yet subdued.

massphatness 10-30-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1894491)
Irish Pub will be a little more civilized, yet subdued.

http://files.myopera.com/drlaunch/al....jpg_thumb.jpg

;s

:D

AdamJoshua 10-30-2013 07:55 AM

:r

If you are in an Irish pub and it's subdued tonight you must have taken a wrong turn and ended up on another planet, I just can't imagine any place being even a little "normal" tonight. That being said I would take any place over a bar full of wanna be fan-students, they do nothing at all for me. The "pink hats" will be out in force.

Bruins Fan 10-30-2013 08:51 AM

I love the Irish..they love to drink and fight and do neither well :r:D
Just busting on all my Irish brothers ;s

Bruins Fan 10-30-2013 09:53 AM

Congratulations to Dustin Pedrioa and Shane Victorino 2013 Gold Glove winners!!!

Veatorious 10-30-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 1894543)
Congratulations to Dustin Pedrioa and Shane Victorino 2013 Gold Glove winners!!!

Yes sir, both very deserving.

Go Beards!

mosesbotbol 10-30-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 1894513)
:r

If you are in an Irish pub and it's subdued tonight you must have taken a wrong turn and ended up on another planet, I just can't imagine any place being even a little "normal" tonight. That being said I would take any place over a bar full of wanna be fan-students, they do nothing at all for me. The "pink hats" will be out in force.

That is my point. Neither are going to be like going to an Odd Fellows Hall during the day, but out of my two choices; Pink Hat Sports bar or an Off-the-Boat Irish Pub, I'll take the Pub.

AdamJoshua 10-30-2013 03:19 PM

Depends BU girls were always pretty easy :r :r :r