Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What beers are you enjoying? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=309)

Sauer Grapes 02-01-2009 03:05 PM

Re: What beers are you enjoying?

Just try Flying Dog's Double Dog Double Pale Ale. It'll be hoppy enough for you.

SilverFox 02-01-2009 03:07 PM

Black Cat Ale

leasingthisspace 02-01-2009 03:29 PM

I started with a Circus Boy made by Magic Hat. Smooth and lemony. It went well with dinner.

kaisersozei 02-01-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes (Post 208781)
Just try Flying Dog's Double Dog Double Pale Ale. It'll be hoppy enough for you.

I passed that over for the IPA--for the same price I went with quantity (6 vs 4pk) over quality. Maybe I'll get some tomorrow!

yourchoice 02-01-2009 08:33 PM

Super Bowl Sunday selection - not necessarily in this order:

Dogfish Head 60 min
Victory Hop Devil
Samuel Adams Black Lager
Victory Old Horizontal Barley Wine
Flying Fish ESB

Overall, a good beer day! :al

groogs 02-01-2009 09:36 PM

Had a few Coronas while watching the game.

jquirit 02-01-2009 11:07 PM

Cracked open my bottle of Root's Epic Ale during the Superbowl, and it was epic (both the beer and the game.. crazy finish). It was quite fruity in the finish, almost wine-like in some ways. It's probably too "sweet" for most beer drinkers, but I found it to be a fine sipping beer. Also helps since it's also somewhere around 13-14% ABV, so going slow is good (unless you're aiming to get sloshed very quickly). Due to it's seasonal availability and it's high cost (about $22 for a 22 oz bottle), it's one of those beers that I'll do once a year.

Drat 02-02-2009 08:11 AM

I had the Brooklyn Black Ops last night. Limited release bourbon barrel aged chocolate stout. It's similar to the black chocolate stout, but smoother and has that great bourbon barrel aftertaste. Highly recommended if you have $20 to spend on a 750ml bottle...

JohnnyKay5 02-02-2009 08:28 AM

Alot of the Ommenang line right now. Belgian Style brew that works with Duvel to produce some pretty tasty beers. Three Philosophers (9.8% alcohol bomb, redish ale brewed with a hint of cherry), Chocolate Indulgence (A great chocolate stout hitting at 7%), Hennipin (lager like if i remember correctly around 7.7%) the Ommenangdon is a citriousy wheat like brew at 8% and the Abby ale was a very good dark lager like brew at 8.5%.

smokeyandthebandit05 02-02-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leasingthisspace (Post 208817)
I started with a Circus Boy made by Magic Hat. Smooth and lemony. It went well with dinner.

When I first tried these I didnt like it but the more I drank em, it got better and better and better.

Skywalker 02-02-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05 (Post 209873)
When I first tried these I didnt like it but the more I drank em, it got better and better and better.

I find this to be true about almost any beer!!! The more I drink the better I like!!!:D

leasingthisspace 02-03-2009 09:54 AM

I am looking forward to being back in Cali and getting some OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is so good.

newcigarz 02-03-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyKay5 (Post 209777)
Alot of the Ommenang line right now. Belgian Style brew that works with Duvel to produce some pretty tasty beers. Three Philosophers (9.8% alcohol bomb, redish ale brewed with a hint of cherry), Chocolate Indulgence (A great chocolate stout hitting at 7%), Hennipin (lager like if i remember correctly around 7.7%) the Ommenangdon is a citriousy wheat like brew at 8% and the Abby ale was a very good dark lager like brew at 8.5%.

Did you buy that three pack sampler with the glass?

leasingthisspace 02-18-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leasingthisspace (Post 212173)
I am looking forward to being back in Cali and getting some OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is so good.

So tasty with a smoke.

PinkPistol86 02-19-2009 07:27 PM

I like Leinenkugel's Wheat, Chimay, Blue Moon, and if I have to it is Michelob Ultra or Bud Light.

PinkPistol86 02-19-2009 07:29 PM

If you are looking for a good place to drink beer, I can recommend the Flying Saucer. It is a great place with many beer choices. www.beerknurd.com for locations.

kaisersozei 02-21-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 194898)
Sierra Nevada just released there Torpedo Extra IPA (India Pale Ale)!!! This one is hoppy with some pine and citrus notes!!!

Not my favorite SN but a good one!!!

Holy crap this stuff is good! I like it much better than the original SN PA and that's one of my favorite go-to IPAs. And it's only $1 more/six pack. :dance: Thanks for the heads' up on this one, Darrell!

beamish 02-21-2009 08:34 AM

Sam adams light the best light beer ever....:ss.......they know what they are doing...

Teeznutz 02-21-2009 11:50 AM

Had Costa Rican beer.....Imperial........Puro Vida!!

cort 02-21-2009 12:10 PM

Sierra Nevada E.S.B. (Early Spring Beer). This stuff is crazy good.